Mysterious chicken just showed up in my yard today..

jynnjynn

Songster
9 Years
Sep 5, 2010
1348797-2c00a6d00cd4c3916ef1d0e56eb3910d.jpg
So, this little fellow just appeared in my flock today, it's not one of mine, I am unsure if it wandered over on it's own, or a well meaning neighbor found it and knew I have chickens so tossed it over the fence assuming it belonged there... But it has made itself quite at home in my vacant quarantine coop. I've posted some "found chicken" flyers around, but in case no one claims it... any clues as to breed/gender?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    521 KB · Views: 13
Mine is the smallest chicken I have yet she manages to keep her place at the top of the pecking order, she lays an egg every day, big giant white eggs and you get the odd double Yolker too
Mine is smaller. Her eggs are good size nothing huge or double yolkers. She is in a group of three her friends are 2 sl wayendottes.

She lays good sized eggs, they’re just bigger than my other chickens eggs and double Yorkers can be common with chickens, she’s free range, yours is smaller ??? Is she a runt ?
View attachment 1361078 View attachment 1361079 View attachment 1361080 View attachment 1361081 View attachment 1361082
All my girls are free range. She is my only leghorn, so I'm not sure how big they get. She seems kinda smaller but the Wayendottes are huge!
Yours are very pretty! Here is Chickadee when she was little and older. Lol I don't have many pictures.
image.jpeg
IMG_1925.JPG

Back
Top Bottom