Ok, yes. I don't know what MMcM hatchery but according to the they are from ameraucanas but they definitely don't look like purebred ameraucanas. but I have no idea what they're doing with their birds. Maybe you could get on a chat with someone that works there.
Since the accepted colours are White, Blue, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Black, Buff, Silver, Brown-Red, and Self-Blue, doesn’t that cover all the colours that MMcM has? So then what makes them a “mix”? Sorry I don’t mean to be a pain but I’m just genuinely curious and it seems like you know a lot about them!

Since the accepted colours are White, Blue, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Black, Buff, Silver, Brown-Red, and Self-Blue, doesn’t that cover all the colours that MMcM has? So then what makes them a “mix”? Sorry I don’t mean to be a pain but I’m just genuinely curious and it seems like you know a lot about them!

They don't keep the colors separate and breeding true. Therefore they are non-SOP birds rather than pure lines.

They don't keep the colors separate and breeding true. Therefore they are non-SOP birds rather than pure lines.
Oh okay. So they are “purebred” in regards to them all being ameraucanas (ie not mixed with any other different breed), but they do not “breed true” to the SOP because they are “mixed” colours?

Back
Top Bottom