Mystery chick from meyer hatchery

mrshafer5

Songster
Mar 10, 2017
West Salem, OH
20180314_132745_HDR.jpg
20180314_132808_HDR.jpg

Any ideas what they are they were a meyer meal maker to donate eggs just wondering what she might be. They said similar to my order which was speckled sussex and golden wyandottes any helps appreciated thank you.

I really don't have any idea:D Maybe an Olive Egger or Easter Egger?

The meal maker at Meyer will be either an egg layer or a meat bird. Since you ordered egg layers, it could be any layer breed. I always ordered brown egg layers, but last year my meal maker was a White Leghorn, I love getting that white egg everyday!

Whatever she is she's very cute!

The meal maker at Meyer will be either an egg layer or a meat bird. Since you ordered egg layers, it could be any layer breed. I always ordered brown egg layers, but last year my meal maker was a White Leghorn, I love getting that white egg everyday!

Whatever she is she's very cute!
That might be right this is one and the pattern is pretty similar

The meal maker at Meyer will be either an egg layer or a meat bird. Since you ordered egg layers, it could be any layer breed. I always ordered brown egg layers, but last year my meal maker was a White Leghorn, I love getting th
When she’s fully feathered it’ll be easier to tell

I know but were all impatient when it comes to feathers lol this is an olive egger @Wyorp Rock might be right
Screenshot_2018-03-14-13-53-18.png

Almost looks like a New Hampshire red? Not positive though :)
Could be!
I don't remember my Meyer New Hampshires being quite as "blonde" but then again...my memory is not what it used to be either LOL
btw- I really like my NH, they are friendly girls and beautiful in the sun. I have breeder NH in the 'bator right now, went into lockdown this morning, I'm hoping for more!

Could be!
I don't remember my Meyer New Hampshires being quite as "blonde" but then again...my memory is not what it used to be either LOL
btw- I really like my NH, they are friendly girls and beautiful in the sun. I have breeder NH in the 'bator right now, went into lockdown this morning, I'm hoping for more!
Good luck. I plan on getting into the breeding and incubating. I have enough room for a nice sized flock i want to do some cross breeding and see what they turn out as. Have you had any luck with cross breeding?

Back
Top Bottom