Mystery chick in my order

I have issues differentiating blue and black in the flesh (or fluff so to speak). I have BBS Ameraucanas and thought I had 5 blacks. I have 3 blacks and 2 blues.

But mine looked much more black than these chicks!

these are a couple of newer pics of my chick...not very good pics though..will try to get better ones once i move them into the large brooder pen this weekend. It is definitely solid black with white face and stripe down its breast...black legs but no feathers on them....and black beak...it is now three weeks and one day old.

Last edited:
I find that the original pics made it appear to be more blue, but i always found it to be more black in person...for the first week only the legs were dark grey...now they are more black and its also the feet...been darkening for the last two weeks. Ive pretty much pegged the rest of my new flock without question...but this one is still making me scratch a little...lol.

Last edited:
Well...I planned on taking pics sooner but been busy with building their new coop and run. Here are a couple more pics of the same chick. She is definitely black, almost solid black other than her face a little, with solid black feet with no feathers on the feet or legs...still not really sure which I think is why shes my favorite. She is very shy and doesnt cooperate well when it comes to taking pictures..plus its an iphone camera..so not very good pics.

Back
Top Bottom