Mystery chicken -- brabanter?

erika613

Chirping
Jul 25, 2018
Snohomish County, WA
Hello!

I have a 20 week old chicken that was supposed to be a Salmon Faverolle, but just isn't.

She was always smaller than the rest of birds her age and when she started to get her feathers in they weren't the right color. And she doesn't have feathered feet.

I've been doing some research, it looks like she might be a brabanter. Thoughts?

She is the escape artist of the flock and even though she is smaller than everyone she is fiesty!

white chocolate July 2.JPG white chocolate July 3.JPG white chocolate July.JPG

Thanks! I bought them at our local feed store/co-op back in Feb. I don't remember if they were selling brabanters at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if she did some chick parkour and got herself into the wrong place. Ha!

I got a small cream colored egg yesterday, so she may be laying. I have 3 EE that are the same age and only one has started to lay so I thought maybe it was the others. Who knows. Part of the fun of chickens!

It is most likely her laying, she's trying to give you faverolleish eggs to keep up her ruse.;) Lol, that little hairdo just kills me.:gig
Thanks! I bought them at our local feed store/co-op back in Feb. I don't remember if they were selling brabanters at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if she did some chick parkour and got herself into the wrong place. Ha!

I got a small cream colored egg yesterday, so she may be laying. I have 3 EE that are the same age and only one has started to lay so I thought maybe it was the others. Who knows. Part of the fun of chickens!

Or this one? It comes in a cream too

Attachments

• 65800850-B81F-4A4E-B8E6-553259E43718.png
    65800850-B81F-4A4E-B8E6-553259E43718.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • BB8813C0-C8F7-485B-A68A-152DE1F3FC33.png
    BB8813C0-C8F7-485B-A68A-152DE1F3FC33.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom