Mystery crower

The only chicken pictured that I can actually see pointed sickle feathers on is Fatty - he's definitely a rooster.

I see rounded saddle feathers on Tony, but in that particular pic can't see the pointed ones. If Tony is a roo, I'm surprised that his comb & wattles are not bigger than they are - My 6 1/2 month old BA pullet has about the same size wattles & comb as Tony has and she's younger - I would think an 8 month old BA cockerel should have a huge comb & wattles by now.

Here's my 6 1/2 month old BA pullet (was hatched June 10 and turns 7 months on January 10th) - she's been laying for a few weeks now - definitely a female:
MochaandTiger035.jpg

MochaandTiger031.jpg

I've only owned 1 cochin and that one was obviously a roo by 6 weeks of age (large comb & wattles - started crowing by about 8 weeks of age)- I see rounded hackle feathers on Rabia - if this cochin really is 8 months old, I'd have to guess pullet - if... the OP made a mistake on age and it is a couple months younger, than I'd say roo based on comb size.

Last edited:
I have not read the other posts, but:

1. Blue Cochin, cockerel
2. White Langshan- cockerel
3. Does he have feathers on his legs? From the photo, it appears he does. If so, he is a black Langshan cockerel.

Quote:
Yes! Tony does have feathered legs. I've thought that Fatty and Tony were the same breed but didn't know anything about Langshans. Now that I've read up on them, I think they are both definitely Langshans and both cockerels. We've had a feeling Rabia was a cockerel, too, and seems like the consensus is that he is.

Thanks everyone!

To show what I see a little bit more accurate... I really hope this is okey that i lend your pics to do this.

Here we have Tony. I have drawn a circle around the pointy saddle feathers he have there.

waln5g.jpg

Close up - I have drawn agains the contours of some of the saddle feathers.

mr4wog.jpg

And here we have Fatty. Look closely and you'll see the shiny pointy saddle feathers.

2qno2di.jpg

And... Here is the cochin. Look at the back, that little dark field looks like a beggining to shiny, dark blue pointy saddle feathers.

20k0h0.jpg

And the comb doesn't need to be bigger because he's a rooster. Some roos take time tp develop.

I say it again, they're ALL roos.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom