Mystery egg disappearance

Snake, maybe? Rats, mice? Can you put a camera in to see what's going on? Some predators can get in a very tiny hole you don't think they could, perhaps even a 1" hole or smaller. Is the floor of the coop secure? Are there gaps between floor and walls? Is the roof secure? Are you using chicken wire on windows or hardware cloth? There must be a gap somewhere.

Your coop stays closed all the time?
No only at night the building is closed. I have a run they go into during the day. I prefer to allow them to run the property but until the egg situation is figured out I've been feeding them extra. I know I have a dog problem but the dogs haven't been able to get in there and eggs still went missing

I can put a camera
Snake, maybe? Rats, mice? Can you put a camera in to see what's going on? Some predators can get in a very tiny hole you don't think they could, perhaps even a 1" hole or smaller. Is the floor of the coop secure? Are there gaps between floor and walls? Is the roof secure? Are you using chicken wire on windows or hardware cloth? There must be a gap somewher
I can put a camera in there. Mice/rats will take eggs? I have the tiny square wire over my window. The eggs that went missing this time was my small banty eggs.

I can put a camera

I can put a camera in there. Mice/rats will take eggs? I have the tiny square wire over my window. The eggs that went missing this time was my small banty eggs.
Yes they will sounds like you have 1/4" hardware cloth. Does your heavy door fit tight, no gaps?

Back
Top Bottom