Mystery Rooster ????

I have a trio of marans and the rooster won't do the hens .

What's wrong with him???

Last edited:
Maybe one or two. The lady who we received him from said like two.

My mystery rooster has a few feathers above his ankles on legs. Five toes. Also his legs and feet are partial whitish grey and partial black and still no CLUE what he is however from the guesses I have received I need to narrow the guesses to a master chicken breeder out there amongst everyone else.

Is there a master breeder with answers????

Will take a picture tomorrow of his feet.

Thank you

My mystery rooster has a few feathers above his ankles on legs. Five toes. Also his legs and feet are partial whitish grey and partial black and still no CLUE what he is however from the guesses I have received I need to narrow the guesses to a master chicken breeder out there amongst everyone else.

Is there a master breeder with answers????

Will take a picture tomorrow of his feet.

Thank you
He is probably a mix of breeds. There won't be a definitive way to know exactly what breeds are in his background unless you know the hen and rooster that were used to create him.

I think he might be favorolle , silky , batam. Batam because I was told he was five months old but he decided to challenge my maran rooster. Is that common? Don't know.

I want to breed him with my maran hen I think would be okay right????

I think he might be favorolle , silky , batam. Batam because I was told he was five months old but he decided to challenge my maran rooster. Is that common? Don't know.

Do you mean Bantam? Bantam just means a small version of a breed. There can be bantam Old English Game, Bantam Cochin, etc. They are just smaller than the standard of the particular breed, so it has nothing to do with his desire to challenge the Maran rooster, which isn't uncommon.

Favorelles roosters have the tall, single comb that you typically see on roosters, so that would not explain your mystery rooster's pea comb. But I guess if you crossed a Silkie with a walnut comb with some single chicken you could get something like a Pea or small walnut comb, so who knows...
Ameraucanas and some Easter Eggers have the beards and the pea comb:

Last edited:

They are your birds. You can breed them together all you want to
celebrate.gif
Enjoy the beautiful babies you hatch
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom