Mystery white chicken?

He is definitely recessive white, probably inheriting it from his Legbar side and/or Silkie side.
He is quite beautiful.
I originally thought so too, but then I'm not sure a half white chick like the one above would be possible with recessive white? For reference, we did have another handsome boy called Jim, born from 2 hybrid Legbar x RIR parents, and who is the likely grandfather of Whitie. He was born almost pure white too, and grew to be quite pale, but not Whitie white.

Jim 11c.png

Jim 4a.png

I originally thought so too, but then I'm not sure a half white chick like the one above would be possible with recessive white? For reference, we did have another handsome boy called Jim, born from 2 hybrid Legbar x RIR parents, and who is the likely grandfather of Whitie. He was born almost pure white too, and grew to be quite pale, but not Whitie white.

View attachment 3703462
View attachment 3703463
I think that one is just the normal affect of the autosexing from Cream Legbars: two copies of the barring gene (or some allele of the barring gene), combined with a bit less black and lighter gold than usual.

Yes, I suppose Whitite might be having a similar effect to that one, but more so (black much reduced, gold color even lighter.)

Back
Top Bottom