Myth: Bad eggs will float / good eggs will sink

Shh... troll alert, he'll stay under the bridge if we don't feed him.

As for the OP... Interesting finds. I have never really tried myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi.

i was searching about this on google and found this. i took the time to create an account just to share my thoughts. i must say that there's no such thing as "air cells" air is a combination of different gases, a cell is a completely different thing.

that is just plain stup1d.

have a nice day.

this so funny. it has to be a young person, please let it be a young person. sooo thank you young person for makin this old person laugh out loud
lau.gif

My 6 year old son's favorite show is myth busters. So, we decided to to test a myth of our own. Do bad eggs sink in water? Well, we can tell you that fresh eggs float and that an egg left on the counter for over 4 weeks finally started to bob in the water a little. We don't have an old enough egg to see if it really floats yet. As we all know, fresh eggs last so much longer anyway when you don't wash them and all of that.

So happy to be joining this forum. You guys are really funny and in such a wholesome way!

was watching a TV show with a guy that sailed around the world with a very small crew and he said they had no refrigeration but their eggs did not go "bad", that they could tell, after 3 months at sea. i've heard that not ALL eggs that float are bad but it's time to "smell check" them. i have had some old eggs that have been fridge for too long and have always trusted my nose to whether an egg is good or bad. very simple= good eggs don't stink.
have that there is a custom in an Asian country where they bury fresh eggs on a warm beach then come back to retrieve them the following year to eat= a delicacy
hmm.png

Yes I agree condescension does no one any good! Period! People need to feel important not belittled. Any hoo I tried the test and 6/15 and 6/16 egg floated and 6/17 and 6/20 sank so .....
I do not refrigerate my eggs anymore. Most countries do not. Eggs will last up to 5 (sometimes up to 6) weeks in a temperate climate. They will not make you sick. I have been eating them (free range) this way for 2 yrs without any problems.
If you buy them refrigerated then I do not recommend using them beyond 3 weeks because the store gets them 2 weeks to 1 month old before the consumer gets them refrigerated. Ewww! Anyhoo! (neither of which are real words) I like 'em!

Back
Top Bottom