Naked Chicken Bums

For extra protein, I give Grubblies as a treat. They also enjoy scrambled eggs (with the shells) and canned sardines (in water, no-salt if possible). Adding extra roosts can help too, so the picked on has space to get away at night.

Great news: my girls Eddie, Aggie, Harry and Bobby Sue all have bums full of brand new pin feathers!!!

We implemented a combination of:
- Setting the automatic door to open a hour earlier and close an hour later than it had.
- Switched to Purina All-Flock with 20% protein
- Applied BluKote daily
- Applied Peck-no-More lotion sporadically
- Babysat the chickens during outdoor forage/ playtime an hour or two/ day as work schedules allowed
- Hung a "Hentastic" treat in the run in a hard to get container for chicken style tether ball
- Occasionally separated chickens who were suffering from "bad attitudes"

Great news: my girls Eddie, Aggie, Harry and Bobby Sue all have bums full of brand new pin feathers!!!

We implemented a combination of:
- Setting the automatic door to open a hour earlier and close an hour later than it had.
- Switched to Purina All-Flock with 20% protein
- Applied BluKote daily
- Applied Peck-no-More lotion sporadically
- Babysat the chickens during outdoor forage/ playtime an hour or two/ day as work schedules allowed
- Hung a "Hentastic" treat in the run in a hard to get container for chicken style tether ball
- Occasionally separated chickens who were suffering from "bad attitudes"
Glad to hear things are improving!
Thank you for the update and details about the changes you made - I'm sure it will help others that face similar circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom