Naked Neck Chickens?

morganalefae

Head nut at the nut house
6 Years
May 2, 2017
Leicestershire UK
Ok I just did a complusive hatching egg buy from a breeder of naked neck chickens (thought they looked odd and liked them) I'm told they are ppretty cold hardy even tho they don't look it is that true? are there any special hatching rules for theses guys as I know silkies can be quite hard to hatch so wonder if they are like silkies.

Are there any health issues that can effect these more then say other breeds? I ask as I was told they are quite immune to diseases..

Any other info on these would be very helpful and I would be very grateful for all the info.

My NNs were very cold hardy and were the last to contract and show symptoms of MG. They are said to have more resistance to diseases than other breeds.
They’re easy to hatch. But they’re flighty, heavy and very bossy. Mine have always been top of the pecking order. Never had a broody pure bred TNN.
I would suggest keeping any eye on their neck in summer, I live in England but mine still managed to get sunburn, they do sometimes get dry skin on their necks: E45, Vaseline or Coconut Oil is good for their skin.
This is just from my experience with Transylvanian and cross bred NNs.

My NNs were very cold hardy and were the last to contract and show symptoms of MG. They are said to have more resistance to diseases than other breeds.
They’re easy to hatch. But they’re flighty, heavy and very bossy. Mine have always been top of the pecking order. Never had a broody pure bred TNN.
I would suggest keeping any eye on their neck in summer, I live in England but mine still managed to get sunburn, they do sometimes get dry skin on their necks: E45, Vaseline or Coconut Oil is good for their skin.
This is just from my experience with Transylvanian and cross bred NNs.
Well I got some bossy girls so they will for in fine maybe give them a run for their money lol.

Back
Top Bottom