Naked neck...my favorite!!

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Ok, so I am totally head over heels for Mo. He's so darn purty!!! His comb flops over to the side now...haha. The poof on his next is cute too but the back side of his neck is as naked as can be and getting red.

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Have to show off Mo's purty woman too....
Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Thanks!! :) His neck poof hides alot. It even wraps around the sides of his neck like wings to the back...hahaha

Cool! Did you enter him in the turken contest thread in the Online Poultry Show section?

Nice roo and hen. I think they have potential to produce some offspring with nice "type".

I'm surprised at the size of his bowtie also especially considering he is pea combed. He appears to be a cross between a naked neck and a pea combed bird, the large floppy pea combs are a result of the bird not being "pure" for the pea comb. If you hatch their eggs, you should find half of the chicks will have single combs with the other half being pea combed. Also expect half of the chicks to be naked necked and half not.

Off to check the turken contest later!

Last edited:
Interesting....I was wondering why his comb looked like that.
I'm still debating on hatching their eggs or not. I don't see any NN's around here and alot of people think they are ugly so worried that if I hatch some, I'll won't be able to find homes for them.

Sunday we got another black Australorp hen. She came from the same lady that Henrietta did but is a bit younger. We put her in with them and everyone's doing great. I'm sure Henrietta appreciates not being the only hen since Mo's been at her.

I just hatched a silkie/turken mix....It will be interesting to see how she/he loks as an adult....

so far if the wing feather theory is correct - I have a hen silkie/turken!

Back
Top Bottom