Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert

2. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I had 2 strays show up and of course I was very nervous but all ended fine. The chickens, all ages showed them their place in the flock which is very low. One is more the protector of the chickens and the other thinks he is a chicken. He eats, drinks and sleeps with them. I would just be very watchful at first to be sure all goes well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    How about some Naked Neck Welsummers (a project of mine.) These are F1's

They hatched the beginning of January. I plan on putting them with a pure Welsummer for the F2 generation. I will only keep the NN offspring and keep going back to Welsummer until I get the appearance and egg color that I am looking for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    mrheinz77 beautiful group ! Welsummers are one of my favorite from my group. Good foragers, layers, hardy and verbal, she is rather independent also.

I decided my first step is variety. I plan to put my calm but very young GoldLaced bearded Polish over adult ams, marans, wyandotte, brabanter, welsummer, ee and whatever else I have ?? Nakedness will be last since it should be easy if I can find a nice naked male. But another decision is to have only one male at a time.

5. MA Mama

MA Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    WOW[​IMG]
    Keep me in mind for test eggs! What a great idea.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  6. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    this is the story,i have 2 nn hens they are 2 years and a half,i think 8 or 9 months this girl disappear , i look for her everywhere, weii i thought that an wild animal killed her,i was on friday with my chickens and i saw her and i knew she was the chicken that i though she was dead

[​IMG]

7. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    maralpz2006 Oh Goody! A story with a surprise ending. But where are the chickes ? ha ha and I bet that we will never know where she was............

9. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Great looking birds,really like the barred and the red and white naked naked neck.[​IMG]

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool project. Dark eggs and naked necks. The only thing missing is frizzle and crest and dark skin.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by