Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    That's interesting, I've been through diff parts of CA a couple of times in my life (when I was way younger) but don't know much about it's weather, just imagined it was warm and all b/c of the citrus fruit growing and stuff we can't grow here. Also just think of desert more then mountains for So. CA.

KKH, there is always making him a little chicken sweater! lol

2. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Yes citrus and grape vines. But smudge pots are kept handy during winter. It is the almost contunuous sunshine that makes for 12 months of gardening. I am not sure of the exact amount of area is used for farming but it must be less than 1/3.

3. chickgrowerdan

chickgrowerdan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Parkersburg, WV
    I got a new peep from under a broody just a couple hours ago and had to share a picture or two.
    It looks to be splash and mottled and has a tiny bow tie. The dad is blue mottled(small bow tie) and mom is mahogany and blue(big bow tie).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chipper, the momma.
    [​IMG]

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Adorable chickie doo. How many did she hatch?

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.

Congratulations! It'll be fun seeing this one feather out.

6. chickgrowerdan

chickgrowerdan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Parkersburg, WV
    6 out of 6 hatched. 3 were from my welsummer/orpington hen, 2 black and 1 blue all feather necked. Then 1 splash NN chick with a big bow tie from my splash hen and 2 small bow tie NN from Chipper, one is blue and the other is the one in the pics.

7. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    [​IMG]If your looking for any chick's we have some,last hatch till September.This is Fred he just won reserve aosb at the harrisonburg show.Our nn are bred to standard of perfection.we have several different color's all are exhibition quality,Thanks for looking
    Greg
    Old orchard and Bayshore farm's
    Exhibition poultry.

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Today is day 10 for my incubating eggs candling day and they all passed the half way point. There are 8 eggs.

9. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Congratulations oldorchardfarms! Makes me wonder how many people are breeding for the SOP...probably not many. They're so much fun to mix with other breeds. Way to represent Fred!!!

10. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    [​IMG]

Georgia Boy, here's one of the black skinned chicks. Actually the NN chicks are more charcoal skinned than black.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by