Naked Neck/Turken Thread

These birds look great!! What hatchery did you get them from? I'm sure you've mentioned before but I have a horrible memory...
If you are like me there are too many people on here to keep up with lol I got them from the local feed store who got them from privett. I have been happy..... my golden sexlink I got thru them this year layes one of the darkest eggs I have, even darker than some of my welsummers.... of course the one I got there two years ago laid a nice med brown...... go figure

If you are like me there are too many people on here to keep up with lol I got them from the local feed store who got them from privett. I have been happy..... my golden sexlink I got thru them this year layes one of the darkest eggs I have, even darker than some of my welsummers.... of course the one I got there two years ago laid a nice med brown...... go figure
I've gotten some good birds from Privett, and some that aren't impressive at all. Right now I'm raising some Jersey Giants, and some Dark Cornish from them. The Giants are fantastic, I'm loving them. The Cornish I'm not impressed with at all, they are really more layer birds, not the stalky build that Cornish are supposed to be. Only one or two of them might be worth keeping. Their Australorps are pretty good too. I've been wondering about their Naked Necks, if they are worth ordering. Would you say the ones you got are a decent size so far? Do you think they qualify as dual purpose, or more of a layer type? If you held them would they feel meaty or lean?

I think mine are more dual purpose.... they are bigger than most of my flock. And I have a very mixed flock lol. I have ordered a few different breeds for Feb from privett, buckeyes, dark and wlr cornish as well as the black australorps, and barnevelders. I am hopefull

just wanted to post an update on my growing NN's Splash *downloading my blues*:goodpost: o my goodness Nava - thank you sooo much for sharing. they are just so beautiful & amazing...!:woot please let me know when you may have eggs for sale, i cant hardly wait...!!:clap:thumbsup:yesss::highfive::ya thank you very kindly :)
38176_yong_ones_008.jpg

38176_yong_ones_007.jpg

38176_yong_ones_009.jpg

38176_yong_ones_031.jpg

38176_yong_ones_010.jpg

38176_yong_ones_012.jpg

38176_yong_ones_011.jpg

38176_yong_ones_013.jpg

Wow thanx!!!

Thats an old post of mine ive eleminated the rose comb and red on my splash

And im proud to say that one of my Splash pullets was the FIRST Naked Neck featured in...

o golly thanks sooo much for your reply:woot:wee im soooo happy to hear back from you NAVA, i use to live near ocala fla , but moved into the mountains of AZ back 30 years ago, i love love love your splash NN they are the most beautiful ive ever seen...!!!!!!:woot:thumbsup i will take any comb they have, im planning to go into NN this spring since the NN do much better in hot climates, and i would dearly love to get eggs from your beautiful & amazing flock of splash NN...!!!!:celebrate:ya :wee:yesss: OMG YES & i have to say my hats off to you , you did a fantastic job, your NN are soooo amazingly beautiful...!:yesss::thumbsup:clap:clap:clap:clap :bow :yesss::woot:highfive:, please keep my name and let me know when you will have eggs available and if not i can wait..! no problem..! :thumbsup:highfive:..!!:wee:celebrate:ya :jumpy :ya well so you take care , sending all my best wishes to you & yours kindest regards Dianna :highfive: :frow:hugs o and PS if you can ship live chicks , that would be totally great TO..!!!:woot:yesss::jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:D:yesss:

Last edited:
I've gotten some good birds from Privett, and some that aren't impressive at all. Right now I'm raising some Jersey Giants, and some Dark Cornish from them. The Giants are fantastic, I'm loving them. The Cornish I'm not impressed with at all, they are really more layer birds, not the stalky build that Cornish are supposed to be. Only one or two of them might be worth keeping. Their Australorps are pretty good too. I've been wondering about their Naked Necks, if they are worth ordering. Would you say the ones you got are a decent size so far? Do you think they qualify as dual purpose, or more of a layer type? If you held them would they feel meaty or lean?
ive heard the same about privett..?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom