Naked Neck/Turken Thread

New Chicken Owner here, and long time lurker. Ive been raising Bantam Turkens (Not Show Standard) for over a year now after getting eggs off Ebay. Ive been handling them since their hatch date, yet they are very flighty. Is it genetics due to their mix genealogy or did something occur to them to be flighty all the time?
IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg

Maybe the bantam one's are more flighty naturally? Maybe the LF one's are more calmer because of them being bred to larger more calmer breed's? It is my understanding that the Naked Neck's that we have here started out as bantam, and some were breed into the larger breed's to work toward's the bigger meat bird version.

Oh yea? I didn't know that. You're talking about your birds and mine?

New Chicken Owner here, and long time lurker. Ive been raising Bantam Turkens (Not Show Standard) for over a year now after getting eggs off Ebay. Ive been handling them since their hatch date, yet they are very flighty. Is it genetics due to their mix genealogy or did something occur to them to be flighty all the time? View attachment 1984686 View attachment 1984687
I'm down to a single LF NN, but she sucks. I've not touched her in months, and that's her choice. She constantly is missing out in treats because she runs when she sees me. Her sister was very nice and loved to be handled, the remaining one is a dipshit though.

I'm down to a single LF NN, but she sucks. I've not touched her in months, and that's her choice. She constantly is missing out in treats because she runs when she sees me. Her sister was very nice and loved to be handled, the remaining one is a dipshit though.

Some birds just don't like to be handled. Not all of them are cuddly and happy to be a humans pet.

Some birds just don't like to be handled. Not all of them are cuddly and happy to be a humans pet.
Oh I agree. My comment was more geared towards the bantam vs LF comparison. I wasn't trying to directly pick on Dippy, just using her as an example. It was pre 5am and someone (me) let me get on the internet before I had my coffee. :caf That's not always a great idea. ;)

Beautiful birds. Have you gotten any green eggs from yours?

Back
Top Bottom