Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I'm thinking of buying a few naked neck pullets for Mr. Maxwell Biggs. He is lonely and the person who was supposed to take him, hasn't contacted me again. I'm not sure he'll be big enough to fertilize their eggs, though.
View attachment 3408112
I do miss supersized Igor. But I'd love to have a few bantam size naked necks.

View attachment 3408116
I think bantam cochin/ turken chicks would look great and I'm sure he would figure out a way to fertilize those eggs!

Mine are not too big as well.
I'm hoping to hatch a blue australorp rooster this year from my splash hens which are huge and black rooster so I can start my blue splash turken project. They will hopefully inherit some size from these splash australorps.

I tried to hatch the rooster last year, but I got these two girls that I have nothing to complain about!View attachment 3409600View attachment 3409601
They are beautiful. I have not had any luck hatching a female from my naked neck/brahma mixes. Of the males, only one of 3 had the naked neck. (I only have three hatchery females now and they all have bibs) They were all very sweet natured though. They all went with a gentleman who loves naked necks, and wants to keep trying for a larger sized naked neck flock.

They are beautiful. I have not had any luck hatching a female from my naked neck/brahma mixes. Of the males, only one of 3 had the naked neck. (I only have three hatchery females now and they all have bibs) They were all very sweet natured though. They all went with a gentleman who loves naked necks, and wants to keep trying for a larger sized naked neck flock.
So do you still have those three Nn hens or were they part of chickens that you gave away? Are you going to try again this year if you still have them?

I also hatched this Nn rooster that would give me blue Nns this year with those australorps but I ended not keeping him because he was quite small, started to show red color that I didn't love and was related to four of my 9 hens.
20221211_123940.jpg
Screenshot_20230219_145935_Gallery.jpg

So do you still have those three Nn hens or were they part of chickens that you gave away? Are you going to try again this year if you still have them?

I also hatched this Nn rooster that would give me blue Nns this year with those australorps but I ended not keeping him because he was quite small, started to show red color that I didn't love and was related to four of my 9 hens. View attachment 3409683View attachment 3409684
I still have all three. One is over 3 years old and doesn't lay a lot. The other two are steady layers, but are bibbed, so only one offspring has been a naked neck so far. I doubt I'll hatch this year.
I may have mentioned that Ideal hatchery, here in Texas, naked necks are beautiful. They have less feathering on the necks than the others I've bought, and are longer in the legs with a gamier look.
If our Atwoods has any this year, I'll be getting more. They get all their chicks from ideal.
My most beautiful naked neck was lost to a hawk last fall. She came from Ideal. I wish I'd hatched eggs from her.

I still have all three. One is over 3 years old and doesn't lay a lot. The other two are steady layers, but are bibbed, so only one offspring has been a naked neck so far. I doubt I'll hatch this year.
I may have mentioned that Ideal hatchery, here in Texas, naked necks are beautiful. They have less feathering on the necks than the others I've bought, and are longer in the legs with a gamier look.
If our Atwoods has any this year, I'll be getting more. They get all their chicks from ideal.
My most beautiful naked neck was lost to a hawk last fall. She came from Ideal. I wish I'd hatched eggs from her.
I'd also like to have completely clean necked ones but I don't realy see them here and I don't have a Nn rooster to even have a chance at hatching it. Longer legs always look better to me as well.

I'd also like to have completely clean necked ones but I don't realy see them here and I don't have a Nn rooster to even have a chance at hatching it. Longer legs always look better to me as well.
I'll try and find a photo of Ernestine. She was beautiful. You should check out ideal if you decide to get more.

Back
Top Bottom