Naked necks anyone?

Do you like naked necks?

• NO! They’re weird looking.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • YES! I love them!

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
Pics
Got my hatching eggs from Dunlap today! Hoping they hold up to the hype. I'm a little surprised by the packing, that they made it without any breakage, but they did have all the official labels and such from a real hatchery, so maybe that's what it takes to have USPS handle eggs gently... who knows. Only three had detatched air cells.
0306191342.png
0306191341.jpg

Thought I had mentioned a couple pages back I was gonna get NN's from Dunlap, could have been somewhere else I guess. I have been hearing about them from those that had NN's long before me. The ones that stopped coming by BYC since the upgrade and have been on facebook more. They talked about how Dunlap now has S&G Poultry's birds since they went out of business, and that S&G had really good birds. I never knew about them, but did a quick google search and only found mention, not much more. I've toyed with alot of options on what breeds to use to bulk up my birds. I'd love to get some Light Sussex but can't find any hatcheries that sell them. I've heard Delawares are good and heavy, but it looks like they carry the barring gene, and I don't want to introduce that into my flock. I still have a firm eye on Buckeye's though. I love everything I've read about them and am anxious to try some out.

Thought I had mentioned a couple pages back I was gonna get NN's from Dunlap, could have been somewhere else I guess. I have been hearing about them from those that had NN's long before me. The ones that stopped coming by BYC since the upgrade and have been on facebook more. They talked about how Dunlap now has S&G Poultry's birds since they went out of business, and that S&G had really good birds. I never knew about them, but did a quick google search and only found mention, not much more. I've toyed with alot of options on what breeds to use to bulk up my birds. I'd love to get some Light Sussex but can't find any hatcheries that sell them. I've heard Delawares are good and heavy, but it looks like they carry the barring gene, and I don't want to introduce that into my flock. I still have a firm eye on Buckeye's though. I love everything I've read about them and am anxious to try some out.

please give me information about facebook where I can find people who used to be here.

please give me information about facebook where I can find people who used to be here.
Well there's three NN groups on fb that I'm on. This is the one I go to most, it was founded by someone that used to come here all the time. He's since had to get out of chickens all together and passed the admin job on to someone else:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/185764418533822/

And here's the other two.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757198044405417/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/turkens/

Did you know that Dunlap also has Bresse now lol?
I just found out on their Facebook page.
I’m going to go get some chicks Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom