Name for a dog

Thanks everyone
smile.png
I think I'll stick with the one I picked then I like the sound of it but I wanted to run it by a few people first. I'm going to get him registered in the canine partners program which is for the mixed breeds to compete and then continue with his training. Rally-O seems to really be a fun looking event so I think we'll try for that. As to his breed he did have rear dews but I had them removed. I actually got him off petfinder looking for a blue pit. I had him dna tested and it came back as Bichon, Great Pyrenees, Border Collie, Italian Greyhound, Borzoi, and Chow. I picked to call him a GP / Border Collie because he seems to have a little of the GP build (If you've ever seen one shaved lol) he's extremely smart and he herds my chickens for me so that is the two most evident breeds besides the color of the Italian Greyhound

Really? Borzoi and Italian greyhound? See....there is a big problem with doggie DNA testing. Many people have submitted samples on purebred registered dogs and the results came back with an exotic blend of dogs...much like yours. A miniature long haired dachshund came back as mostly mastiff for instance. If you think about it, nearly all dogs came from the wolf. And through the years, several breeds were used to make new breeds. So DNA testing is not really capable to pinpoint exactly what breed your dog is. They usually produce results that are pretty questionable. Your dog for instance. Most mutts are made up of breeds common to their area. Labradors, hounds, pit bulls, terriers, etc. The chances of a borzoi or italian greyhound being thrown into that mix is practically nil. And since most pit bulls are a conglomeration of breeds.....mastiff, boxer, stafffie, amstaff, etc, a DNA test will never say "pit bull". Your dog is simply gorgeous....If it were my dog I'd call it Amstaff/border collie. That's exactly what it looks like to me. That dog is really beautiful, I might add.

Thank you but I'm definately going with GP because of the rear dews and Border Collie with the herding, the rest are questionable but the coloration and tail seems to be italian greyhound. The only rare breed would be the borzoi but I have seen plenty of those also. I have another mixed breed that I had dna tested which came back pretty close as far as I can tell I know its not 100% but I'd say they're pretty close most of the time. I've seen dna tests come back weird and some right on and the only way we'll know for sure if to see the parents. I do have a Staffordshire Terrier that is purebred and there is no resemblance between the two. I bought him as a pittie and even if he's not he is a GREAT dog, the best one I have.

Please forgive me for butting into your thread, but your Title is already good and I also need a NAME for my puppy.
I don't have her yet, she is still with her mom, but in few more weeks she will be delivered to me to NY
She is 75% Great Pyrenees and 25% Karakachan.
She is 2 weeks old now.

I wish we could figure it out a name that speaks of these black circles/spots on her head.

b388ccd9.jpg

73feff2d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom