Name Origin Thread! Post the reason for your name!

chickenpredatorkiller

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
South Carolina
There might already be one of these threads but I haven't seen one so I'm going to start one. Why did you make your username what it is? I'll start. I'm Chickenpredatorkiller because I hate anything that wants to mess with my chickens.

wink.png

tinychicky after my favorite bird, tiny... a blind and crippled black mottled d'uccle hen who is a house chicken as of last fall. here she is, roosting on the back of a chair
52086_dscn4147.jpg

One of my best (male) friends used to call his girlfriend and I the two blonde hussies. One day, he decided he needed to figure out 'different' names for both of us - and because I was always in the middle of ten different things, he started calling me the "Busy Blonde Hussy".
lol.png

Of course, using that name on any site is inviting trouble - but I have no trouble being known as the Busy Blonde. One of my employees this year (half my age) was amazed that I worked 70-80 hours a week, and still found time to garden, raise my chickens, cook, spend time with my hubby, kids, and new grandbaby, etc. - so I guess my screen name fits. He asked if I ever slept!

Wow! I was looking for a thread like this!
I dedicated my username to my first beloved chicken; Peep. he was a Rhode island red rooster that we hatched from an egg. He was the only one to hatch! We were planning on giving the chicks away when/if they hatched, but we couldn't get rid of him! Peep was the best pet i've had in my life. I didn't know you could love a pet, let alone a chicken that much! Peep was my best friend. He loved the wild onion grass that grew in our garden! many times i would go out to get him, and he would have onion breath! Peep was a truly unique chicken. He played with balls!! I think he first started playing with them out of anger and defense, but he started enjoying it! We would toss the ball, and he'd run after it! He'd attack it in a fury of feathers, and some times even roll over the ball! Oh Peep, we love you! He taught me so much, even though he could'nt talk. Every morning i'd hear coming from down stairs my mom saying "Chicken bird! Wanna go wake up everyone?" Then i'd hear him clucking his way up the steps, walking into my room, and jumping on my bed! If that didn't wake me up, he'd crow in my face!

I could go on and on, but I think this post is long enough!
wink.png

There was nothing more special than my buddy Peep. I just wish the hawk knew that.

*trying to keep back tears*

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom