Name That Breed Mix!

Laurobee13

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 1, 2012
Clermont, GA
I am trying to determine what mixes I have ended up with. I have 3 roos that could be the father - 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Bantam, 1 Easter Egger

My hens are EE, RIR, Buff, Brahma, White Leghorn, Brown Leghorn, Australorp, Barred Rock, Ameraucana, New Hampshire, Golden Comet….I think that's all of them :)

Here are pictures of my roosters:

My bantam:

My EE:

My Rhode Island Red photo didn't show up well, but he is a standard looking RIR. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

And here are the youngsters that I want to know what mix they could be. I have my theories, but I'm curious to hear others.

I know this one is from an EE hen (egg was green), but I cannot decide if its a full EE or from my RIR roo? Could also be my bantam roo as this was the smallest of all our chicks (half the size of the others)

I think this one is an EE roo with my Brahma hen?

Here is the two in questions together

For the red one, I would say that the RIR was the father, it looks like the comb is a cross between a pea comb and a straight comb to me, plus being red.

And i would expect to see leg feathering on the second if the brahma was the mother, leg feathering is a dominant trait.

For the red one, I would say that the RIR was the father, it looks like the comb is a cross between a pea comb and a straight comb to me, plus being red.

And i would expect to see leg feathering on the second if the brahma was the mother, leg feathering is a dominant trait.
x2

Oh I also have a speckled sussex hen, I forgot about her. Maybe the white one is a sussex x EE? I just don't know where the white one would get the green in his tail. Hmph.

Agree with the above. A green sheen in the tail could have come from several of the breeds you have...RIR, Aussie, brown Leghorn, Ee off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom