Name That Color.

southern oaks

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 14, 2011
Southern Illinois
76789_7241.jpg

Can I get some feedback on colors here. Thanks to all who have been so helpful. Here is a new bunch for you CA peeps...lol

Thanks, I was trying to add some new blood and color to my crew. I have pearl, pied and buff.. I was hoping the brown/white pied would not be pearl pied as I have one of those. but at least I have new bloodline. Happy if I got some lavender. That is a plus for next year
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Ooooh cute batch!
thumbsup.gif

I see 4 Royal Purples, 1 Lavender and 5 that look like Coral Blues. The pic's a little fuzzy, but most of the grey and white keets look like CBs to me.
If they (the grey and whites) have broken/squiggly stripes on their heads and white wings all the way to the shoulder then they are CBs. If they have a wide stripe on their heads and white wings they are probably Pied Lavenders. I'm guessin' mostly CBs tho.

Here is photos of royal purple and pearl pied keets ,notice the markings on the head.
DSC00234.jpg

heres an older royal purple see the pretty heart shaped spots.
DSC00246.jpg

and me!!! what will I be!! lol.. don't know what I would do without byc folks to help. this is my first year with raising guineas. And I found another nest with 24 eggs
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

76789_6671.jpg

First pic shows the head of a Coral Blue (my FAV!) and the other lil guy looks like a "teddy bear" patterned Pied Pearl Grey (mottle/blended body and head colors instead of the normal stripes). In about 2 weeks he should start feathering out the same as a normal (Pied) Pearl Grey, with a few white chest feathers and some white wing feathers)... unless his stripes on his head are broken, then he may be a Pied Royal Purple. But if the top of his head has a broad dark stripe (which it appears to me that it does) then I'm still leaning towards the teddy bear patterned Pied Pearl Grey.

Quote:
I have to get some recent pix of my brood. Today I was trying to figure out what colors were what. There is one with a kind of reddish brown head with creamy beige sides to his face. Then there are three colors of lavender? Very dark, Maybe a blue? That one is HUGE a full head taller than the rest. A couple of what I think of as lavender and a couple that are a light grey? Not blue at all.... or maybe I am color blind.... Sheesh. I will get pix. Today though I have family stuff going on.

Back
Top Bottom