Name that/those Turken.

CliffB

Songster
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Georgia
Truthfully i only want to know about the Barred Rock and am kinda curious about the Sizzle but i am fairly confident i am on the right track but someone threw doubt into my mind and now i want confirmation. So i have 4 birds all are within a day or two of each other in age. Three are Turkens and are all related so they should all be developing equally. The 4th is a Sizzle and he has slowly been picking up Roo traits such as a fairly pointed tail and what appears to be a walnut comb. Any thoughts are appreciated.

The pictures on the styrofoam are a few days ago. The ones in my hand are today.

Truthfully i only want to know about the Barred Rock and am kinda curious about the Sizzle but i am fairly confident i am on the right track but someone threw doubt into my mind and now i want confirmation. So i have 4 birds all are within a day or two of each other in age. Three are Turkens and are all related so they should all be developing equally. The 4th is a Sizzle and he has slowly been picking up Roo traits such as a fairly pointed tail and what appears to be a walnut comb. Any thoughts are appreciated.

The pictures on the styrofoam are a few days ago. The ones in my hand are today.

Not sure on breed. If not for the comb, I would say Black Cochin. Might be a Black Sizzle. Too young to tell gender.

White Turken mix (might be some sort of White Naked Neck Silkie/Showgirl). Too young to tell gender, but doesn't look like a cockerel at this point.

Black Turken, looks like a pullet.

Barred Turken, probably a cockerel.

The first bird is definitely a Sizzle. That's for sure. Only 3-4 Sizzles appeared in the hatch so i told the breeder she could have him back if he turned out to be a Roo in order to use him as breeding stock. I was sure it would be a hen until the comb appeared suddenly and she started acting more dominant.

These are the Show girl bantams from a younger group from the same breeder. The black one was trampled several days ago but he was replaced with two full size chicks that look identical to her. The white one is doing very well but she is still super small.

You don't have pics of a barred Rock
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom