Name that toe

Pics
So ya predator problem started in the barn over night a couple days ago.
I walked in to find 3 of my more important breeders gone. These were penned birds and it appeared something tried pulling them through the wire door and pulled hard enough to pull the latch screws from the wood. That left that side of the door able to be pulled open enough to easily get birds out.
I have birds loose in the barn that roost in random places but of course extra roosters were left alone and penned breeder birds were taken.
The saga continued. I have a few traps and scouted for signs and best options for trap locations.
I found these tracks. Even with my extraordinary photography skills I couldn't get clear to life pics but the tracks clearly show an old enemy.
The tracks are of a four toed creature. A beast that is missing a toe.
20220627_105628.jpg
20220627_190707.jpg

I walked in to find 3 of my more important breeders gone. These were penned birds and it appeared something tried pulling them through the wire door and pulled hard enough to pull the latch screws from the wood. That left that side of the door able to be pulled open enough to easily get birds out.
I have birds loose in the barn that roost in random places but of course extra roosters were left alone and penned breeder birds were taken.
The saga continued. I have a few traps and scouted for signs and best options for trap locations.
I found these tracks. Even with my extraordinary photography skills I couldn't get clear to life pics but the tracks clearly show an old enemy.
View attachment 3166466View attachment 3166467
Can we ask what ones were lost?

Had to take them down. Pending court case with my hens over some BS "upskirt" laws in Missouri.
Apparently it is illegal to film in a restroom and since they're penned I can not use video surveillance unless and until I provide adequate restroom facilities. That would also include handicapped accessibility.
Just an expense I can't afford ATM.
@azurbanclucker

View attachment 3166466View attachment 3166467
That's awful. Hope you get the varmint, give it a clean kill, and score a cool hat

Back
Top Bottom