Name Your Flock! What do you call your ladies

Muffy 4/4/12

RIR's- Pinkie Pie and Nibbler (subject to change)

Buff Orp's- Muffy and Henny Penny

Wellsummer- (Turanga) Leeha

Morans- Dumpling

Last edited:
My six RSL's are:
Willie (like the blonde on Indiana Jones, my youngest's favorite lol)
Cathy
Starla
Belina
Shake and
Bake

ETA: Collectively, they are my "Chickie girls"! :)

Last edited:
I have 9 chickens
2 plymouth barred rocks- May and Flower
2 EEs Lucy and Diva
1 RIR-Henny Penny
2 Buff orpingtons- Lovey and Duckie
2 Silkies- karma and zen

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OK, I mostly call my flock as a whole "Chickies". My DH generally calls them "Loudmouths", "Complainers", or "Idiots" LOL.

Their individual names are:
2 Peking ducks - Quckers and Ping
1 Indian Runner - Twiggy
1 Rouen - Josie
2 OEGB - Reeses Pieces (Pullet), and Roo Manchu (Cockerel)
1 Red Sex-Link - Sexy Lady aka Lady
2 Buff Orpingtons - Benedict (Cockerel) and Sangria (Pullet)
3 Light Brahmas - Can't tell these apart yet, except that one is fast as lightning - her name is Hermes
1 Barred Rock - Zeus (Cockerel)
1 Mystery pullet - Gracie

Just got my birds this Spring, so we are still finding out their individual personalities....They are a blast though!

Mine all have their own names, Betty, Mabel, Lucy & Pearl but collectively they are called 'Henny Pennys'! :D

Last edited:
I am expecting my first flock next week. I am waiting to name them, except for my Polish. She is going to be named Lola... like a showgirl... Get it?!?

Collectively I call them my girls or ladies. Individually they all have names from movies or shows like Laverne & Shirley, Thelma and Louise, Janet and Chrissy, etc...and my only roo is named Hugh as in Heffner.

Once a relative was visiting and she noticed I had one of the girls seperated in a cage and asked why. I told her she wasn't putting out and I was trying to break her of her broodiness....I was then labeled the "Chicken Pimp"...

John

Ours were named by the children,
there's 'Little Red Hen', the buff wyandotte bantam, 'Miss Lilly' the gold laced wyandotte bantam, and 'Chabo', the Japanese bantam.

Two more chooks to be added to the flock next week....one already named, 'Beetroot'

Well, I got a few more now. So now the names are Buffy, Marasol, Marabell, Blondie, Goldy, and Sophie....

D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I still call mine "Peeps" when I call them cause they haven't grown into their clucking yet. They're kind of going through puberty now so they might be called "clucks" soon.

Individually they are Rose, Sookie, Chloe, Lucy (now Lucifer
bow.gif
), Whinnie, and Beeker :)

Back
Top Bottom