Name Your Flock! What do you call your ladies

All my girls have their own names, but as a flock I call them fluffybums or mummy's raptors
love.gif

The waterfowl are known collectively as "The Idiots". The chickens are known collectively as "The Other Idiots." (Actually they do have individual names, but they rarely get used.)

LOL Mother Cluckers. Too funny!
lau.gif

Mine all have names:

Americauna/Aracauna/EE mutts:
Cheeks
Bernadette
Tamale
Farrah
Temple

Silver Spangled Hamburghs:
Phoenix
Silver
Lacey

Dark Brahmas:
Legs
Tights

Anconas:
Lane
Penney

Dark Cornish:
Darcy
Vader

Mixed Leghorn/Production Red/Something Else mutt:
Conchatta (Berta)

Mystery Chick (I think a Buttercup)
Sammy

Collectively known as The Birdies. All hens but Sammy might be a "he" because he/she was the freebie from McMurray. Time will tell.

Last edited:
My older group is "The Clan" and the newer girls "The Posse" and Rocky the Rooster(White Plymouth Rock) well he is kind of in his own little world. While he is a little slow on the uptake he is a great protector of his girls,always on duty so he is.

Collectively known as the "Feathered Garbage Disposals". My compost pile is hurting, as they get just about every scrap.

Last edited:
"waterfowl are known collectively as "The Idiots". The chickens are known collectively as "The Other Idiots.""

I had to LOL... :)

@RaeRae2.... Impressive list of girls.... I like the mystery chick named Sammy.... now matter how it turns out the name will fit!

My Mother Cluckers are:

Ginger - Buff Orp - Our Love Bird.... Loves to sit in my hand with her legs dangling in between my fingers....
Buffy - Buff Orph - She's the runt of the group, but tough as nails and fast as lightning.... Steals the treats and runs like hell... Peeping all the way. Jumps on me and runs right to my shoulder
Mrs. Sanders - Barred Rock - Very sweet...
Igneous (Iggy) - Barred Rock - Kinda dumb and very skittish.... anti-social.... screams like a pig when held.
Rosie - Americu. VERY quiet and unassuming. Just mellow. Not a fan of being held but puts up with it.
Happy - Gold Laced Wyandotte... Her own shadow scares her... but gets along well with the other cluckers.

Great question!

The older ones are Girl-Girls and Roo. Roo is such a character that his name changes often. He has been Mr. Roo, Rudy Roo, and Rotten Roo.

My 4 SLWs are hard to tell apart, so they don't really have names. One of them was Big Mama, but now the others are the same size, and seem to have the same rank.

Red mixes: I had 3 that were easy to tell apart by coloring and personality. There are Red Momma, who for a while liked to sit on her eggs; Red Meanie, who always plays the bully; and Red Sweetie, who was the only one who liked being picked up, but she is the one I lost.
hmm.png

The 3 blue copper marans have not named themselves yet. I don't know what their personalities are, and they still look pretty much the same.

As for the 5 babies that I call Peepers: so far the only ones with names are Blondie, an RIR with a yellow head; and Brave One, who always comes to check me out while I am changing food and water.

Back
Top Bottom