Names? Any suggestions?

We haven't named any of my chickens except all of our roosters are called Lester--I'm not sure why I picked Lester besides the fact that we planned to eat the excess roosters (yeah, they were all roosters last year, but that's another story), and I wouldn't feel bad about eating a Lester--and of course it brought along the jokes of having Lester Noodle Soup, Lester A La King, etc. One of our hens is called the Colonel, but she got her name from the person who gave her to us. I'm thinking about naming my girls now that I can tell them apart.

My Muscovy ducks are Wacko, Yacko and Dot, from Animaniacs
My Geese are Inky, Pinky, Blinky, and Cyde from Pac Man (dh chose those names)
and my mixed ducks are Larry, Moe, Curly and Shep.

We're still trying to decide on a name for the chick we hatched last week.

I love all those names, people! :)Here are some of my ideas:

Lennie
Mungus (for the roos)

Rosie
Demi
Clare
Lacey
Gemma
Oreo
Ariadne
Gwen

OK I just have to say our names.

Jennifer
Genivecia
Rachel (Ray)
Kennedy
Carly
Carla
Precious
Hunter
Lil' Trace (Adkins)
Alma (bon the same day of my Grandma's funeral)
Star (she zipped better when DD sang or whistled the Star Spangled Banner)

and 9 little ones that are going to be given away so I won't let the kids name them

I must say that I just loved the inky, bllinky, pinky and Clyde.

I was going to name my girls after silent movie stars - Mabel, ZaSu, Clara, etc. However, when they arrived, I ended up naming the frizzle cochin banty after my neighbors' daughter who is also tiny, blond and curly! So, I had a FiFi (the daughter's nickname) and I sort of got on a French theme:

FiFi the cochin frizzle bantam

Simone the dominique

GiGi the golden laced wynadotte

and last, but certainly not least -

Lola the australorp.

BUT - AND I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH - be very, very careful when you are naming your chicks. I have had that Barry Manilow song stuck in my head for almost a month.... "Her name is Lola. She was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair......"

I am ready to bang my head against the wall until I pass out. Seriously.

Lol!! These names are great!!

We haven't decided on names for our two chicks... but we were thinking of
Charlie Murphy - for the black australorp cos of that funny Rick James/Dave chappelle skit.
And the Isabrown might be called Daywalker, because she's red and ranger's are sometimes called daywalkers.

Just got 4 Seramas:

Beautiful Cockerel is named Gibson (thinking of the beautiful guitar, or course)

2 Mille Fleur hens- Millie & Vanilla (millie is white with speckles and Vanillie is a darker Vanilla color w/ speckles)

and the baby, 3 month old pullet- SUSHI (rust and black colored like salmon wrapped in black sesame seeds!)

Haha--I have to say that it took us DAYS to pick out names!

Should have named Vanillie LAY-LAY as she plopped a soft egg the first night she was here!

Good luck
smile.png

~4kidZ

Back
Top Bottom