names for baby chicks

Clairelise1

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 4, 2012
I am getting chicks in two weeks and i cannot think of any good chicken names. All girl names or for both genders because i am not planning on getting any roos!!!

We named our 8 banties after spices/flavors - like Vanilla, Nutmeg, Cayenne, Basil etc. We don't know yet which are roos so I figured these names were pretty non-gender specific. They are a week old.

What is your favorite movie? name them after characters from that!

good luck and congrats on the babies!

Some of our chicks show our generation - lol
hippie chick
bahama mama
xanthippie - socrates wife - my husband is a philosopher
jane, janis and joan - the sixties trio of great folk singers
marple - agatha christie's heroine
myrtle - just because
minnie - because granddaughter is a mouse fanatic
HENdrix - gotta love it
hedwig - because i'm a potter fan

Well...usually I name my chicks after the first thing that comes into mind. One year, we named a batch of four chicks Daffodil, Daisy, Rose, and Miracle. Daffodil, Daisy, and Rose after flowers, and Miracle because he was the only black chick that year.

About a year-and-a-half ago, one of our chickens named Goldie had two chicks, and we named them Lucky and Charm. It was only after did we realize that their names, paired together, made Lucky Charms!
Names can come from anywhere. :) Like our rooster Maestro. Don't ask how he got that name. The king of our coop is actually named Jordan after the basketball player, because he can supposedly play basketball, so... :D Inspiration can be everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom