Naming inanimate objects?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ec_Prokta, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only one that does things like this. My phone is named Mao because it was a nice short name to yell at it, and Mao, a character from Disgaea 3, is sometimes its background. My computer was named Frelia, but then it got changed to Tilia when it had to undergo a huge restart and it lost everything. My DSi, which is lost, was named Shikieiki after the Judge of the Dead in Touhou. Once I get a PSP, it'll be named either Ragna or Byakuren. I even named a memory card Sos Infel! And finally, when I get a PS3, I'll name it Trollestia, Rafiel, or Sayaka.

Do you happen to name any inanimate objects?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Gmsg01

Gmsg01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    West Monroe,NY
    My Mini Cooper is named "Oliver", he is British racing green, and likes to go topless LOL:ya

3. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    I named my GPS sally and my Truck Fred

4. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    My Mini Cooper is MINIMITOO. That's because it is my second one. The first was MINIMI. LOL. Love my car.

5. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    My shotgun is named Old Thunder. [​IMG]

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Quote:Do you have the big black eyelashes for the headlights? I saw some the other day on a mini cooper, and it was soooo cute!

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    My GPS is Katherine, because that is the name given to the voice I chose for it.

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My Kindle is named Aria, my cell phone is Elyssa Persephone, my laptop I have not yet ever used is named Q, as in Star Trek. [​IMG]

9. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My car is named Joey, one of my old barns is named Sally, and my lunch box is named Kermit, which is about all the inanimate objects I have named, I have on the other hand named tons of trees, almost every tree or group of trees on our 140 acres has a human name of some sort, idk if they really count as inanimate objects though, all I know is I seem to get really attached to our trees (especially the really big old ones) and even become sad if one gets blown down, cut down, or even hurt somehow (my friends and family think I’m crazy) lol.

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    You don't wanna hear what I call my computer, phone, and anything else electronic. [​IMG] There might be some cussin' involved if they don't work... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by