Naming your chicks......

You had a chick fall from the talons of a hawk!!!!???
ep.gif
THAT is incredible!! I think I would have named her Lucky!! LOL Sooo glad she fell into your loving care. Poor thing!

I am picking up my chicks Friday- and am going with the rock star theme.
I'll wait to see whos personality fits what name- but I am going to go with-

Stevie Nicks
Janice Joplin
Tina Turner
Chrissy Hynde
Pat Benatar

Haven't gotten past there yet- but I can't wait!

Quote:
I had a rooster named Tina Turner once....
He was white crested black polish. His brother was named Phyllis Diller.
roll.png

We did start calling them Ike and Fang once they started crowing.

My whole family has taken part in the chicken-naming fun - and not just my kids either. My mom and mother-in-law had to get in on it too!
We have
Stella
Lee Ann
Jezebel
Gigi
Zelda
Gracie
and a poor Blue Silkie who doesn't have a name yet. She's been called "Alice", "Fluff", "Wilma", "Pikachu" and something I can't remember, but nothing really seems like "her" name yet. Suggestions are welcome! LOL!

My adult chickens are:
Peter
Eggatha
Eugene (she is a hen/that's what happens when kids name them)
Queenie
Mildred
Buffy

The new babies:
Napolean (sadly he was killed by a dog)
hit.gif

Little Big Foot
Poof Head
Pinkie
Rodney
Princess
The Gabor Sisters (3 almost identical production whites - that I may not be able to tell apart when they grow up)

The rest don't have names yet, but I am working on it.

I can't imagine trying to name 23 chicks. After raising two kids that loved animals, I have long since run out of name ideas; thus Kitty is just Kitty.
I imagine I'll get as far as naming my two roosters. If I wind up with more than two roosters....I'm thinking dumplin, roaster, and fried would be good names.
Unless I fall madly in love with an individual hen, I guess their collective name(s) will be "here chick, chick, chicken".

I had the girls named before I even picked them up at the feed store...and amazingly, I can tell who is who!

Rhode Island Reds:

Annette
Gertrude
Emmeline

Black Sex Links:

Jasmine
Nina

Buffs:

Lottie
Alice
Rosalie

Quote:
Yes - I thought my friend had been drinking when she told me but the animal lover in me could not say no. She looked terrible and I wasn't sure that the holes were going to heal up but they did and she seemed to have a spranged leg that also heeled well. she was about the same size as the baby aracaunas before I mixed them all in with the older ones - now she is the smallest. The name Lucky did come up but the kids thought that since she fell from the sky, that her name should be Skye.

Back
Top Bottom