Hmmm I guess I should change some their names

Lets see I have

Chick 1
Chick 2
Chick 3

Well you get the idea.
tongue.png

So far I have:

Moe, Larry and Curly...the three EE chicks I think are roos.
Abbie, Maggie and Lilith...my 3 EE chicks that I think are pullets.
Daisy, Lucy, Gracie and Norma Jean...my four Golden Comets.
Emma...my Barred Rock.
Sadie and Sally ...my 2 Buff Orps.

Of course, I am only sure of the Golden Comets as far as sex...so these are all subject to change.
lau.gif

Anything that turns out to be a roo will be named "Bye-Bye", "Gone" and "SoooooLong"!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

P.S. I tend to name them after old-fashioned names. Or people I know who are elderly. Not sure why!!

Last edited:
We use flower names for our chickens. Gardening is a family passion around here, so the names get passed on to the chicks. We have:

Lily
Iris
Rose
Petunia
Dahlia

and so on. You get the idea! LOL
ya.gif

I like the old fashioned names too. I have a Beulah and a Gladys. And a Chirpy, but my husband named her. My favorite roo is Napoleon. I have yet to name the others.

I did wind up naming my two roos....Apollo and Zeus. The girls will have to get a little older before I can figure out names for them. So far, I have a collective name for my light brahma girls...they're trouble (as in always looking to get into some!) I think hooligan's jersey giant taught them some bad habits while she was with us.
wink.png

My first two this year my son named - they are Puny (who is huge) and fluffy.

My three from this weekend were originally named as eggs. So their names are Poached, Sunny and Florentine.

I'm a little cautious naming any of them, we've only had them a few days. Except for my son, who is 6, he has named the only dark chick Fuzzworth. Oh, and he calls one Mom (after me, of course). Don't know how he tells that one from the others!
smile.png

Mine are finally all named:
EE's: Goldie, Queen Bee, Miss Thing and Mo
Rir's: Sweetcheeks and Alejandra
Leghorns: Ted (pullet), Bob and Purbil (roo's)

The naming is really fun! Our chicks are one week old today and so far we have named three of them: white cochin-Maddie; red cochin-Ruby; Barred Rock/Cuckoo Maran (not sure)-Amelia-she WANTS to fly!!!! (Named after Amelia Earhardt.

How's that?

Lisa

Last year I named our chickens after the women in my family. After all they are a bunch of cackling hens!!!
lol.png

I thought they would be offended but they were actually all quite honored to have a chicken named after them. We tried to match personality and body shape to their chicken. I have a couchin with a big bottom and kind of hyper..Aunt JoAnn , a Brama with big feet...Aunt Jean , Bossy alfa chicken..cousin Jessie, Broody mothering hen ...Aunt Betty etc etc. We had a lot of fun with that one.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom