Nardole the Brave!

I have a terribly sad update to this thread. Nardole was suffering from a mysterious ailment, I assumed a compacted crop. Troubleshooting with a vet got his crop cleared, but he did not bounce back the way I had hoped, and despite eating and drinking and his crop emptying every night, he passed away quietly yesterday morning.
He was a good boy until the very end, and my heart is broken.
View attachment 1957613

Hi Dona, I’m very sad to hear your lovely Nardole has passed away. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved chook. :hugs

I can't add anything unique to what has been said. But I know you are heartbroken and I wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss. I loved reading about Nardole and his adventures.

I think his burial plot sounds beautiful; snowdrops are lovely. It's wonderful that you have two of his offspring to keep his bloodline, as well as his memory, alive.

I can only hope to ever have such a cool dude for my ladies; my little Japanese bantam boy now has some lofty expectations to meet when he finally grows up and matures!

PS: I have a standard sized Buff laced Polish pullet, and at 13 weeks old she is the most curious, outgoing, friendly and hilarious one out of the group of bantams she was raised with, and is top-pullet of the group :) Yay for Polish chickens!

Back
Top Bottom