narrowed down the breeds, help please

carousel

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 31, 2008
NW Oregon
I have chicks from Ideal,
they are 1 week old
My camera batteries are charging so will have pic later today after work.
The chicks were from a light breed assortment, the person I talked to at Ideal could not really help me tell the difference I'm hoping someone here might have pic of the breeds I have at similar age.
I have narrowed down between
Black Minorca and Production Blacks
To be honest I could have both breeds LOL but I'm pretty sure based on what Ideal has right now I have narrowed the breeds down.
thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Once you get some pictures posted then people here will be able to help you. It's just to hard to guess without actually seeing them.

yes I was wondering if anyone HAD pictures of the chicks
Black Minorca and Production Blacks
I have spent a lot of time looking on the web, have not been able to find much. I may just need to wait until they feather out.
I will try again tonight, been a darn busy week!
seeing a picture of a chick I KNEW was one breed or the other I thought would be helpful instead of guessing mine.
thanks!

While you are waiting, try going to www.mcmurrayhatchery.com and type the breed into the search box. Under the description of each breed you will see a small pic of what the breed looks like as a chick. Click to enlarge to the pic. They don't have production blacks per se, but I think that would be the same thing as a black star...I think.

Back
Top Bottom