National Coming Out Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
clap.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
It is not silly when people are being beaten and bullied and fired over it. Teens especially need to hear that there are many of us who will support and love them, and stand up for them.

Then discuss bullying. Anybodys sexual preference is not family friendly. Period. Not my opinion , Fact.

Once again you're missing the point, the bullying is due to lack of tolerance. ANY type of tolerance, gay, black, white, green, catholic, mormon, islamic, are you not getting the point? Your fixated on the whole sexual preference thing that has really nothing to do with it. I have news for you there are a lot of things that heterosexual couples do that may not be "family friendly" THE POINT of a day like this is to recognize that there are difference in everybody and that's what makes the world interesting. Sorry but I personally feel life would be craptastically boring if we all thought exactly alike.

ETA: it could be argued that the internet is not family friendly. If you are so grievously concerned that may be something you want to consider.

Last edited:
Here's what I have to look forward to...

My best friend died early Saturday morning. My heart is breaking for his family. This man was only 52... has 3 sons and has been with the love of his life 28 years. On Wednesday I have to watch this dear friend of mine be placed into the ground. I have to watch his family suffer, I have to watch a mother bury her youngest son. I have to watch a sister bury her baby brother.

This man was a brilliant singer, had a huge appreciation for antique cars, and could demo and remodel a house without blinking. He was the first person to welcome us to our new home, and the last one around to help clean up after a party. My dear friend went into the hospital with a chest cold... and died 15 days later of advanced Bone Cancer.

Does it matter that my friend loved a man? Does it matter that the love of his life was named John?

Doesn't matter who supports it or who is against it. Gay, straight, or the color orange... does it really matter? The pain of loss is all the same.

Not meaning to preach... just putting it all into perspective. People are people... regardless of who they love. There are so many other things wrong with this world... why do we have to attack each other...

RIP Jeff, you will be so missed.
hit.gif

Quote:
Every person is ridiculed and at some point in history MOST have been beaten and/or killed for beliefs, lifestyles, etc. Gay, Christian, African American, etc. etc. I am not saying it is right, but it happens. I no more support those who tease, beat, and murder, than I do those who make it a point to announce the thing getting folks teased, beaten, and murdered. Just sayin. I have gay friends and family just as I'm sure 99% of the folks on this board do. I just don't see making a big deal of it with a National day, and I disagree with the lifestyle. Had I been born gay...I'd be celibate period, but that's what is right for me and my beleif system. Either way, drawing attention to a personal decision of sexual nature...is lacking in taste IMO.

Im sorry that you feel that way, and i am glad that you were not born gay, as you would have chosen to have a miserable and lonely life.
But unfortunatly there are people out there who are ashamed of who they are, and are living lonely lives, and thats no way to live.

As for celebrating and recognising someones sexual orientation being in your words 'in bad taste' have you really thought about that statement?
Everytime someone gets married, engaged, celebrates valentines day, shows affection for their partner, holds hands, kisses, or even states in a signature line on BYC that they are married or have a partner. That must be all 'in bad taste' ...

If there was less judgement and more acceptance in the world than us 'people', as we've been referred to, would not have to have one day in whole the year to celebrate, encourage and make welcome others who are just discovering themselves. With no judgement and more acceptance we would be able to openly and happily celebrate it everyday, year in year out, just like everyone else.

I do not judge people based on Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Political Beliefs, Personal Appearance, Occupation, Family Circumstance, Dining Preference, Shoe Size, or Choice of Toothpaste... Get the point?
Your personality is what should count.

In this day and age, there should be no discrimination of anybody, for anything. Period.
Its called freedom, respect it.

thumbsup.gif
What she said! Personally I find the pics of dead innocent animals and semi automatic weapons far less child friendly than discussions of human rights.

Last edited:
Only one thing to say, gay if just plain wrong........unnatural and I don't think people are born gay......ok with me if they stay in the closet.

I wouldn't mistreat or hate anyone for being gay.........but it still is not normal.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom