National Coming Out Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Please don't take this as an attack it is not mean to be that, but I want to use this as an example.
If a person, kid or adult comes across this thread and it lets them know they are not alone, that there are people out there just like them, and people who support them and love them no matter what they are, then this thread is most certainly appropriate for any forum any where.

Well said.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
just like races, and etc shouldn't either

OK then no more pics of dead predators doing what they are (and forgive me here folks as I am not religious but... ) designed by your self proclaimed god to do because they kill livestock, and no more talk of religion, or of politics, heck lets not talk about anime because its violent, or DO NOT mention you had a beer with dinner because drinking is offensive. Oh and dont eat meat, because it offends the vegetarians, or eggs, because that offends the vegans... oh my what a slippery slope society has turned into and people wonder why I want to be a hermit.

If you notice most thread about religion or politics get locked...........

Cindiloohoo i was not attacking you and i sincerly apologize if it seemed that way. I was merely trying to voice my opinion and raise a point with you.
Thats what a discussion board is all about right? Discussions.
Theres no reason why people should not be able to hold a meaningful discussion without it becoming about personal attacks or judgements.

Quote:
Please don't take this as an attack it is not mean to be that, but I want to use this as an example.
If a person, kid or adult comes across this thread and it lets them know they are not alone, that there are people out there just like them, and people who support them and love them no matter what they are, then this thread is most certainly appropriate for any forum any where.

Well said.

I am a Wiccan, have been for decades, my best friend joined a CONVENT, that's about as Catholic as it comes, I hugged my friends that I ran into at dinner that are Mormon, just as I ran into a friend that is Gay. It is a matter of RESPECT and our society always cries about opinions and being PC. This is why no one gets along, THIS is why everyone sues and fights and beats on each other, because no one stops to see the inherent goodness that people are capable of and is too busy throwing labels on everyone and everything. THIS is why our country is falling apart people, because we cant even get along with EACH OTHER, and we call ourselves Americans... the way we are behaving is a disgrace!! The statue of liberty is a symbol of freedom, from fear, from poverty, from tyranny and when we treat our OWN CITIZENS with such blatant disrespect we are going against everything this country stands for and what is supposed to make us great! What happened to melting pot? Now the only opinion that is accepted is main stream general consensus. Every other thought or opinion is looked upon with fear and loathing... just plain wrong...

Quote:
Im sorry that you feel that way, and i am glad that you were not born gay, as you would have chosen to have a miserable and lonely life.
But unfortunatly there are people out there who are ashamed of who they are, and are living lonely lives, and thats no way to live.

As for celebrating and recognising someones sexual orientation being in your words 'in bad taste' have you really thought about that statement?
Everytime someone gets married, engaged, celebrates valentines day, shows affection for their partner, holds hands, kisses, or even states in a signature line on BYC that they are married or have a partner. That must be all 'in bad taste' ...

If there was less judgement and more acceptance in the world than us 'people', as we've been referred to, would not have to have one day in whole the year to celebrate, encourage and make welcome others who are just discovering themselves. With no judgement and more acceptance we would be able to openly and happily celebrate it everyday, year in year out, just like everyone else.

I do not judge people based on Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Political Beliefs, Personal Appearance, Occupation, Family Circumstance, Dining Preference, Shoe Size, or Choice of Toothpaste... Get the point?
Your personality is what should count.

In this day and age, there should be no discrimination of anybody, for anything. Period.
Its called freedom, respect it.

Point well taken. Now, could you respect my opinion of being a straight Christian with opinion differing from yours? Everybody wants to scream tolerance until the Christians poke their nose in. Then that's not tolerated. Double standard if ya ask me. I don't judge, and have said I don't. I don't think sexual orientation of any sort should have a "day" or any other special treatment. It's a funny thing to me, that those who claim to be being attacked, turn right around and attack others for having differing views. I don't care if you don't like Christians. Why should you care if I don't like gay?

In this day and age there should be NO DISRIMINATION OF ANYBODY, FOR ANYTHING. Period.
It's called freedom, respect it. (Borrowed a line from a seemingly smart person here
lol.png
)

And it doesn't get any clearer than this!

Quote:
Honestly it wasn't taken that way. I'm just stating the fact that it IS often hard for everyone to walk in another mans shoes. We often DO NOT understand each other, and can't be expected to understand all the different aspects of the human nature. Tolerance is just a loose word thrown in to shut someone down anymore...it just aggravates the crap outta me. NOBODY is as tolerant as they'd like to let on. The whole "holier than thou" attitude of "oooh! oooh! LOOK at how tolerant I AM" is just a load of refuse. We all have our ideal society. None are any less important than the next. Not gay, nor Christian, nor black, nor gun packing predator shooting country boy. Opinions are welcome, until we disagree on something...LOL! Seriously, every single thread has a remnant of that particular sentiment, no matter how benign the thread to begin with. Why can't we just agree to disagree without making a big huge production of every little detail? I dunno...but we just can't. I like discussion. I like to see the flip side. That's why I opened this thread
wink.png

Quote:
Well said.

I am a Wiccan, have been for decades, my best friend joined a CONVENT, that's about as Catholic as it comes, I hugged my friends that I ran into at dinner that are Mormon, just as I ran into a friend that is Gay. It is a matter of RESPECT and our society always cries about opinions and being PC. This is why no one gets along, THIS is why everyone sues and fights and beats on each other, because no one stops to see the inherent goodness that people are capable of and is too busy throwing labels on everyone and everything. THIS is why our country is falling apart people, because we cant even get along with EACH OTHER, and we call ourselves Americans... the way we are behaving is a disgrace!! The statue of liberty is a symbol of freedom, from fear, from poverty, from tyranny and when we treat our OWN CITIZENS with such blatant disrespect we are going against everything this country stands for and what is supposed to make us great! What happened to melting pot? Now the only opinion that is accepted is main stream general consensus. Every other thought or opinion is looked upon with fear and loathing... just plain wrong...

I think you win..
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

I suppose they are not stupid and can figure that out on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom