Native American Heritage Anyone?

gig.gif
Yeah! I'm not the only mixed up pup!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

my Great great grandmother was the cheifs daughter of Cherokee (on my dads side), And on my mothers side i have some choctaw (which was my great grandmother ), Have also heard i have Blackfoot in me... but im not sure if thats true

-daniel

My dad's father was 1/2 Cherokee, my mom's grandfather was either Cree or Blackfoot; I don't remember which. My husband's great grandmother was full blood Houmas Indian (which unfortunately has YET to be fully recognized and acknowledged as a tribe unto itself before having been absorbed into other tribes as the forced migration took place). His grandmother is full blood Houmas Indian, and his mother is 1/2.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I was always told we were part Black Dutch, which I took to mean someone from the Black Forest area....lol....Years later I started having reaccuring dreams of Native American women, this got me digging into Native American history. I found out that those individuals that claimed to be Black Dutch during the removal, were really of mixed European/Native Americans. So I started questioning my older relatives, and that's when I found out I had Native American ancestry. When I told some of my other relatives from my dad's side, found out that I had more on my dad's side too. Once I got a computer I started working on my family tree, and was able to make the connections, and was surprised to find out that I had several ancestors laced here and there, all thru out my family tree, during different time periods. Also found out that some of my early American ancestors were Quakers that literaly came on the same ship with William Penn to be apart of the "Holy Experiment".....and a bunch of other neat stuff, would totally derail the thread to go into...lol.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I was always told we were part Black Dutch, which I took to mean someone from the Black Forest area....lol....Years later I started having reaccuring dreams of Native American women, this got me digging into Native American history. I found out that those individuals that claimed to be Black Dutch during the removal, were really of mixed European/Native Americans. So I started questioning my older relatives, and that's when I found out I had Native American ancestry. When I told some of my other relatives from my dad's side, found out that I had more on my dad's side too. Once I got a computer I started working on my family tree, and was able to make the connections, and was surprised to find out that I had several ancestors laced here and there, all thru out my family tree, during different time periods. Also found out that some of my early American ancestors were Quakers that literaly came on the same ship with William Penn to be apart of the "Holy Experiment".....and a bunch of other neat stuff, would totally derail the thread to go into...lol.

Thats pretty Darn Cool! I havent been able to go that far back, Im hoping I can go to Pennsylvania soon so that I am Talk to My great grandma about this before its too late . ( she is 94 and still living on her own, Stubborn pride of hers
smile.png
)

Would you like me to put down black dutch?

big_smile.png
That's how I found out alot ,too. We always had the Black Dutch story along with the Cherokee. My ancestors after the pilgrim era were all mix blood. Our Cherokee got out of Dodge when the old settlers left. It was bad for people of mixed descent. That's where the Black Dutch claims started. When I was little they would say it was people from Spanish Holland. LOL

Back
Top Bottom