Natural Grit?

You would have to find out what is in your "drywall". I'm guessing this is cement type material that makes up the exterior of a lot of your buildings in Delhi? It very well may have lead or other heavy metals in it. There would be no way for us to give any kind of advice about that, b/c our building materials are different. Appropriate grit would be sharp stone particles that are between 2.5 - 7.5 cm in diameter.

I agree with u and I'm.very worried my chickens eat this I'm.worries if they have blockages in their gut

You would have to find out what is in your "drywall". I'm guessing this is cement type material that makes up the exterior of a lot of your buildings in Delhi? It very well may have lead or other heavy metals in it. There would be no way for us to give any kind of advice about that, b/c our building materials are different. Appropriate grit would be sharp stone particles that are between 2.5 - 7.5 cm in diameter.

My one chicken seems no appetite from 2 days and I'm very worried

Maybe more like 25-75mm.

But yes, any stone that won't dissolve in water and has irregular, sharp edges is good. Don't use limestone, chalk, round smooth pebbles...
Hopefully you have found some good grit, OP?

Interesting timing.

After 12 years, my free choice insoluble grit feeder ran low. It had 10 pounds of grit when filled.

I keep around a dozen birds, no access to the ground as I have them in an enclosed deep litter run.

$8.99

Should last till I’m too old to care any longer…

Feed station 3.JPG

Insoluble crushed granite grit, feed, soluble crushed oyster shells.

Back
Top Bottom