Natural Grit?

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hey guys good morning
Yesterday visited friends backyard and see that she having some natural sand grit available there are some chalk n dry wall particles,
her chickens love to pick this grit and i think they are crazy babies for this grit she told me her flock of 6 chickens love to enjoy this grit and no problem yet .. ..I parcel some grit from there just to post here on BYC to ask my all chicken lovers if it is a right choice of grit so I can give it to my chicken.too

IMG_20171127_104339.jpg

Hmmm.. I think that's 1% is dry wall cause mostly chickens I see eating something from.wall ..I never know drywall.is not good even my chickens eat wall from.break walls ..

Is only sand is okay
Because in my country poultry grit hardly available so can I borrow sand ? ..

I buy the small sized grit for the chicks that are brooded by me, because they aren't out eating gravel on their own. Otherwise, my gravel driveway, and the soil here, has plenty of stuff for the older birds.
Grit is another very inexpensive but essential item that chickens must have, so buying some is good if there's any doubt. Not including drywall or other toxic junk!
Mary

I buy the small sized grit for the chicks that are brooded by me, because they aren't out eating gravel on their own. Otherwise, my gravel driveway, and the soil here, has plenty of stuff for the older birds.
Grit is another very inexpensive but essential item that chickens must have, so buying some is good if there's any doubt. Not including drywall or other toxic junk!
Mary

I'll get grit now from Amazon for sure but either ways if they eat that ..(as my chicken eat drywall a lot) so how go detoxify them from.that toxic ?

You would have to find out what is in your "drywall". I'm guessing this is cement type material that makes up the exterior of a lot of your buildings in Delhi? It very well may have lead or other heavy metals in it. There would be no way for us to give any kind of advice about that, b/c our building materials are different. Appropriate grit would be sharp stone particles that are between 2.5 - 7.5 cm in diameter.

Back
Top Bottom