Nature Photography

I was actually contemplating leaving at lunch today and driving north. I could probably get well up into Missouri by later tonight which would surely increase my odds. From what I'm seeing it's predicted as a G3 tonight and tomorrow though. I'm not sure if that is strong enough or not.

Aurora is a bucket list item and if I could drive a day or two to see it that would save me ~$7K over a Fairbanks, AK trip. Decisions, decisions...

According to this:

https://spaceweather.com/

It’s g4 right now. You may have a chance considering that spot unleashed one of the strongest flares of Solar Cycle 25 a little while ago.

I was actually contemplating leaving at lunch today and driving north. I could probably get well up into Missouri by later tonight which would surely increase my odds. From what I'm seeing it's predicted as a G3 tonight and tomorrow though. I'm not sure if that is strong enough or not.

Aurora is a bucket list item and if I could drive a day or two to see it that would save me ~$7K over a Fairbanks, AK trip. Decisions, decisions...
It's 💯 worth it. Took these last night on Lake Erie
IMG_20240510_220413187.jpg
IMG_20240510_220439204.jpg
IMG_20240510_225113742.jpg

That one's a tough call. I'm monitoring the SWPC website but if it's a 4 or higher I'm very likely to get some action 20 minutes from home. With you having to drive quite a bit, it's a crap shoot.

According to this:

https://spaceweather.com/

It’s g4 right now. You may have a chance considering that spot unleashed one of the strongest flares of Solar Cycle 25 a little while ago.
Yep currently a 4 so that gives me a little hope for tonight.
That one's a tough call. I'm monitoring the SWPC website but if it's a 4 or higher I'm very likely to get some action 20 minutes from home. With you having to drive quite a bit, it's a crap shoot.
It's projected as a 3 for tonight AND tomorrow night. I'm thinking worse case scenario if I make it to Missouri and can't see it tonight, I could head to north Minnesota and likely see it there tomorrow night.... maybe, lol.

EDIT: it just dropped to a G3 but is now forecasted as a G4 tonight AND tomorrow. I'm going!

Back
Top Bottom