NBC: Revolution (tv series)

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
I've seen some folks reference this show. I like it.. it tugs at a curiosity I have. I like t.v. shows that are post-apocalyptic or on a new planet... just any program that leaves a wide open space with little population(I was a big nut about the show LOST). Anyways, I just wanted to make a topic to discuss it. We all know the show isn't perfect. Make fun of it, enjoy it, give your input but lets keep it fun.

Spoilers below

I'll start: I think the black guy who leads the militia that is holding the brother... I forget his name.. is being vetted and will soon either be a character that is a likable good guy or a leading bad guy.(I like his character, good acting)

I love this show!

giancarlo-esposito.jpg

Giancarlo Esposito stars as Captain Tom Neville, a cultured former insurance adjuster turned militia leader.

billy-burke.jpg

Billy Burke stars as Miles Matheson, a former Marine and warrior who's been living a reclusive life.

tracy-spiridakos.jpg

Tracy Spiridakos stars as Charlie Matheson, the headstrong, curious and daring daughter of Ben Matheson.

daniella-alfonso.jpg

New York native Daniella Alonso stars as Nora, a rebel fighter battling against the militia.

tim-guinee.jpg

Tim Guinee stars as Ben Matheson, Charlie and Danny's father, who conceals a mysterious connection to the blackout.

maria-howell.jpg

Maria Howell stars as Grace.

david-lyons.jpg

David Lyons stars as Bass, a former Marine who served alongside Miles Matheson (Billy Burke).

elizabeth-mitchell.jpg

Elizabeth Mitchell stars as Rachel Matheson, the mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny (Graham Rogers).

zak-orth.jpg

Zak Orth stars as Aaron, a computer genius ill-prepared for the rigors of the world he currently lives in.

jd-pardo.jpg

JD Pardo stars as Jason, a member of the militia with conflicted feelings for Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos).

graham-rogers.jpg

Graham Rogers stars as Danny Matheson, the thoughtful, cautious younger brother of Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos).

Last edited:
I saw the first three episodes and have the others on dvr. I lost interest after the third episode. It does have strong women, and I enjoy that, but it has had some really silly scenes that i had a hard time getting past.

I like the show and want to know how they're keeping the power off. Who ever they are. Do you think someone like Aaron would have last this long ?

pop.gif
I wonder how he managed to stay so darn heavy in a world where I am sure hard word would be all there is between him and famine.

And I agree. how isn't the power kept off? He mentioned physics went crazy. Cars are combustion engines but the y topped working. So wouldn't guns no longer work? What about steam engines? coal trains? Or simply building a fire, which is a chemical reaction that creates heat energy. Or distilling water and alcohol, solar panels, making medicines, all of these require similar physics that make electrical grids and cars work.

For that matter, the living body creates energy to power the body using a form of combustion. Shouldn't everyone then be dead?

Dang it I think I'll keep watching to see if they'll explain.

Well they showed that a steam powered train will work. So why hasn't anyone made a steam powered cars or trucks ? I'm the type that sees stuff like that and say it's not realistic. You can burnout electronics but you cant burnout stuff that hasn't been made yet. So if you make an electric generator it should work, but in the show there's something keeping new stuff from working. But that's TV for you.

pop.gif

I hate Charlie. I've been spending every episode since the 2nd hoping that she dies. I know that it's not going to happen, but it keeps me from throwing things at the TV everytime she opens her mouth :)

I can't figure out why they can't make bullets? Everything needed to make them can easily be done by hand and obviously they can make gun powder since there seems to be no shortage of blackpowder weapons.

Yeah the show definitely has its moments where you just have to roll your eyes. I also agree about the Charlie thing.. she is so stubborn about everything and always gets herself into trouble. I have a feeling when we learn what is keeping the power off it might be one of those eye rolling moments. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some thing scientists accidentally did while doing some type of research. It's anyone's guess really.

I've been watching the show too, because I love anything to do with the post-apocalyptic world, but I have the same problems with the acting...specifically Charlie. She's obnoxious and overly emotional - which by the way is exactly how teenage girls are. Just because I don't enjoy watching it and I think it's crappy storytelling and hero-making doesn't mean it's not totally accurate for her to be that way, and possibly the most true-to-life element of the show. But I hate it! However, teenagers grow up and if this show gets a second season, they'll have to make her less obnoxious as she matures. I think the feedback I've heard from everyone who has watched the show has been the same on that topic, so the show writers have to take it into account as they shape the character. She just has to get better.

Back
Top Bottom