NC--Free roosters, One ugly one and one that just ain't right!

I am fairly close but I am already sure that I have one and almost positive I will have at least one more out of my newer ones, and I only have 11 chicks, but I'll talk my bf and see what he thinks! I like you white one, the other one..I duno what you could do with him.
hmm.png

Ugly tree is right! The black one, He's a feisty little thing too, tries to mount anything that moves!

A guy actually emailed me and said he thought the leghorn looks like it has a birth defect similar to down syndrome in humans...anyone ever heard of anything like that? I'm gonna email him back and ask for more info. In any case, I wish there were some way to make the boy stop crowing, I wanna keep him! I'm going to take a video of him tomorrow, he's such a hoot to watch!

your white leghorn and my dumdum chicken have a lot in common. The facial expression, the weird walk and weirder run, mine has a microcephalus with a whole in the skull. Let me know about this down syndrome in chicken thingy. I am really interested in genetic mutations

I love the Leghorn,,,,,he just looks so adorable,,,,,,,the other one is just a silkie cross and silkies do have the extra toes and dark combs,,,,I think silkies are cute when pure but the crosses come out really crazy looking :| I just had 5 salmon favorelle chicks hatch and 1 has really small eyes,,, I was thinking that one had some sort of downs syndrome thing going on the way the eyes look,,,I am keeping my eye on it but it seems to be tired more than the others

Last edited:
It's really cool of you to be advocating for these two oddballs - i'm glad you've got some interest - way to go!
clap.gif

That GOTHIC roo is absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Do not let those "Paris Hilton" chickies see that DUDE! They'll forget about their lil Pretty Boy in a heartbeat! (D'Anver self post)

I can't believe you don't have people fighting over him! Goth and Vampire all rolled in to one handsome roo:cool:

I suppose Alaska would be too far away and he'd have to live in the house, too, he's more awesome than any parrot or cockatoo I've ever seen! WOW

Take good care of that guy, he's one in a million! Tell whoever lucky duck gets him to post his pic on BYC once in awhile, too...Now, THAT roo could be in the movies, a super star!

edited to include: You've got to enter him in the Rooster Contest!

Last edited:
That's so sweet how the leghorn is with your kids.
smile.png
All roosters should be that way.
smile.png

**But hey, Ugly Roosters need someone to love them too.
clap.gif

Better to be in a coup or house than to be prey or supper!

Thanks for all the responses folks, I'm glad to know that there are others who think the less-than-perfect ones are worth something too! I've advertised the roosters on craigslist, and have gotten several responses...we'll see if anyone ends up taking them in when they come to see them. I'm glad I picked these guys up, and will probably do it again, I've always been a sucker for underdogs!

Why must I be tormented so???
If it's odd, it's gotta be mine...
I had a crowing hen.
And I have a Leghorn that sometimes wants to go broody...
I'm so sorry that I can't have roos here...
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom