NC State Fair!

Saw footage from the fair yesterday...
ep.gif
the crowd looked terrible... looked like sardines! You couldn't pay me to go on a weekend (ok, well if you paid me enough I would
lol.png
) Did anyone brave the crowds yesterday? Looks like the weather is going to be great for the whole week!

Robin'sBrood :

Saw footage from the fair yesterday...
ep.gif
the crowd looked terrible... looked like sardines! You couldn't pay me to go on a weekend (ok, well if you paid me enough I would
lol.png
) Did anyone brave the crowds yesterday? Looks like the weather is going to be great for the whole week!

For real! I make hubby take off a weekday for us to all go with a 3 year old! No way I want to chance losing her!!!​

Ok, I'm in the NC Apple Association Recipe Contest this morning. I am entering a Southern Pork & Apple Pot Pie, and its in the oven right now. Judging is at 10am, we'll get there around 9:15.

Winners announced at 11:30! Hope someone is there to cheer me on!!!
big_smile.png

man! I so miss the fair down there! wish we could have come down before the standard chickens and most of the fun/goodstuff is done. tring to get hubby to leave thur night as I want to look at house while we are down there.
keep the info coming in at least I can see it in my mind.
since I'm coming down does andone want blue or wheaten marans or olive eggs eggs to hatch?
meet at fair for pick up or some place calmer.

Well I didn't win anything that I can tell. I didn't even place in the apple recipe competition this morning. I lost to an apple pie pizza? Ok....

The jams and stuff, I could only even see one of my jams in the cases and one biscotti in the cases... the rest the names were covered up so you didn't know who's was who's. You only got the names of the BEST in SHOW winners. So I really have no idea until I pick up my jars next week.

My rooster goes on Wens, and he's my last chance at a ribbon!!!
hmm.png
Wish me luck... I think he's a blue ribbon contender.

Ok... I dropped off my white silkie rooster this morning. So if you are there from today until Sunday, he'll be with the silkie Cocks. Under Shannon
smile.png
After tomorrow, he may be the one with the blue ribbon!!!
lol.png

Quote:
I would love to have this recipe!! Sounds yummy.

You know in all the years I've lived in NC, I've never been to the fair?! Mecklenburg county doesn't have a fair, neither does Gaston that I know of. Closest one is Cleveland County and I haven't been there yet either!

My friends daughters that I have taught quilting to over the years have a quilt entered this year. They won best in show for a quilt a few years back.

Quote:
I would love to have this recipe!! Sounds yummy.

You know in all the years I've lived in NC, I've never been to the fair?! Mecklenburg county doesn't have a fair, neither does Gaston that I know of. Closest one is Cleveland County and I haven't been there yet either!

My friends daughters that I have taught quilting to over the years have a quilt entered this year. They won best in show for a quilt a few years back.

You ought to come up to the Catawba County Fair next year and enter some things, I entered several things this year and did well, besides it was fun!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom