NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock - Let's Plan!

not all LF eggs are worth the same and not all bantam eggs are worth the same so not shure that you could just seperat them my LF and bantam for exampell

UK orpington LF eggs would be worth way more than RIRs or bared rocks EX EX EX

so instead of seperating them by size why not seperat them by value

i dont think this is going to workout for several reasons, actual value of eggs, and perceived value of eggs.

eggs from show stock would be percieved to have more value than just purebred eggs.

duck , pheasant and peafowl eggs would have a percieved value more than poultry eggs.

just trading eggs will not work, and there is no real way to come up with an equalizer for value because everyone has their own ideas about what their stuff is worth..

some one is going away with hurt feelings over this if you are not careful.

i think if you want to trade eggs you should do it between the traders, only way everyone could feel good about what they were giving and getting.

some people think their eggs are worth more than other peoples eggs, just wouldnt work

i want this get together to work, dont want anyone upset or mad at anyone else.

just my opinion, and it doesnt count but for 1 vote no matter what.

Last edited:
All good points. May be people could bring their eggs and declare wha t they have and what they would trade for or sell for. Has anyone ever played the card trading game Pit? That's what I'm seeing.

i think value could be based on how rare the breed is and the quality of the stock for exampel

extemly rare / show quality /exotic LF
this could include polish/houdan/susexs/banvelder/legbar/aruacana/imports/show line birds/buttercups/sumatras/lafleche/shamo ex ex

purebreed meat / egg
this can be RIR/bared rock/leghorn/orpington/delawere/sexlinks/new hamps/naked necks /andalution ex ex

and we could have similer classes for the bantams

no reason for annyone to get upset we all know that not all breeds are worth the same

Last edited:
if someone could come up with a way to valuate the eggs that is fair for all concerned, i would say go for it.
i dont see anyway to do it, but hey, i aint the smartest person on here by any means!

dont get me wrong, i dont have any intention of participating in this. i dont sell eggs, so i dont have any stake in the decision.

i just can see a train wreck coming on with some unhappy people.

if someone could come up with a way to valuate the eggs that is fair for all concerned, i would say go for it.
i dont see anyway to do it, but hey, i aint the smartest person on here by any means!

dont get me wrong, i dont have any intention of participating in this. i dont sell eggs, so i dont have any stake in the decision.

i just can see a train wreck coming on with some unhappy people.
why if you are not participating are you trying to shout it doun ???? if your not interested in joining then let us who are work out the detals

i dont understand what your doing

I found this swap thread from BYC and thought it brought up some good points. I can understand Medfordz caution. This is not something to just jump into without planning. It was mentioned before that it is important to be fair to all. It does sound like fun and I think that will have to be the main focus. That the egg swap is for Fun only. Not as a way to build up your flock or something like that. That is where the buying and selling booths come into play. From the sounds of it there will be plenty of eggs for everyone!
big_smile.png
I know I am new on here so I am not trying to step out of line at all. I am excited about NEOCS and can't wait to meet all of you! I will now stand back and let the coordinators of this event continue to do the wonderful job they have been doing and hush up!!!
duc.gif

YourLinkGoesHere I want everybody to feel that they can join and that the eggs will be sent. That is why I set a deadline. Please make sure that you are ready for eggs when you join this swap. It is no fun when we have to wait for incubator's to get empty. I am not trying to be ugly, but this is the way it needs to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rules
This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.
The BYC Staff is sensitive because some past swaps have not worked out. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers not following through on their commitments in the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So big rule #1 If you have mutts you will probably only get mutts
#2 You can NOT pick a certain breed
#3 Cutoff for swap entry is May 17th at midnight.
#4 the eggs have to be in the mail on or before the 28th
#5 Everyone will be required to send 6 eggs (you're welcome to send more)

I will reply to e-mails to let you know I received it. Write again if you don't hear from me w/in 24 hrs. Please send me a email with the following information:

BYC Name
Real Name
Address
Phone #
Have
Want

Please choose from the following categories:

Large Fowl Pure
Large Fowl Mix
Bantam Pure
Bantam Mix
Waterfowl
Other
*Anything
*Only available as a "want" selection.

Do not post what you want or have on this thread. Do not send me a PM with your info. To be entered in this swap, please post that you want to enter this months swap, and send an email to [email protected] with the listed information. Thanks!

*****If something happens and you can not get your eggs out on time please contact me I will pass along the info Thanks!!***** Happy Hatching

Just my 2 cents worth...I think an egg swap is a great idea....if done within our group in that kind of setting. But since this has been made a public event with all the advertising, I agree this could be a recipe for disaster. Too many visitors attending to monitor an internal event.

Someone else mentioned it earlier, if you want to do some swapping, just go to the different tables.

I like Joe's thinking on how to separate the eggs by category....

Again this could be a great idea, but for a public event that is only a very few weeks away, perhaps this should be tabled until next year when some of the kinks could be ironed out earlier in the planning process instead of the latter...

On another note...I'll support whatever the majority decides...looking forward to a great event!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom