Nearly 10 month old silkied serama not laid an egg yet

hebe5

Songster
6 Years
Aug 19, 2016
UK
Just a little worried about my pullet. She's a nearly 10 month old silkied serama and weighs 275 grams which I think is classed as micro or class A? She's been on layers pellets for a few months but if she isn't going to lay an egg should she really be on growers? She has always even from a small chick had a red face and yes she's definitely a pullet. Anyone know?

Imo keep her on growers but also give oystershells so she is getting some calicum but nt to much til she lays like u said my concern would be her kidneys being on layers never laid yet xxx
Thank you Sammi - do you think it would be ok for my older hen who is laying to be on growers too though? xx

I know that some lines of silkies can be a year old before they start to lay so perhaps she's got those genes? Grower would be fine as long as you offer some oyster shell grit separately. She'll eat what she needs of that as a source of calcium.

I know that some lines of silkies can be a year old before they start to lay so perhaps she's got those genes? Grower would be fine as long as you offer some oyster shell grit separately. She'll eat what she needs of that as a source of calcium.
She's a silkied serama - would that be the same? The thing is if I put her back on growers I will have to separate her from my laying hen so do you think it's ok for her to carry on with layers - it won't harm her kidneys?

Back
Top Bottom