Nearly 4 weeks now and think we have a definite Roo!

There is still a chance it is female. Wyandotte females often get larger, colorful combs early. I think you are just going to have to wait and see with this one.
Thank you, I'm so sorry I'm obsessed. If I lived elsewhere I would love to have a Roo....but I don't and though I would like to try and see how we can manage a rooster and neighbours I have 3 out of 4 chicks acting like roos play fighting but both Wynadottes are skittish and scream almost if they aren't ready to get picked up. The Pekin Roo on the other hand is as bold as brass, the Pekin pullet is quiet and calmer.

Well they are 7 weeks today and the Pekin/Cochin has been crowing this morning. It's adorable but worryingly loud already!

He is such a superstar though, already protecting the others and rushing to them if he thinks they might be in trouble.

The Wynadotte on the other hand looks like a Roo but is not showing as many Roo personality traits now, he chest bumps but he is obvious to danger and is never on guard. He acts more like the ones we think might be pullets, he looks like a Roo big time though.

Attachments

• PXL_20220702_135957558.jpg
    PXL_20220702_135957558.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom