Nearly 5 months old and still none the wiser. (warning: pic heavy)

Porterfive

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Collinsville, MS
All these girls are just under 5 months. They were from a mix from MPC. If you know what they are, please let us know..We have ideas, but aren't sure.

3953_andalusian.jpg

3953_ghost_girl.jpg

3953_grey_chick.jpg

This black one, has white lobes, black feet and much smaller than the rest (thus the pic with the rock for comparison). She's also, very very skittish...she'll always put something between me and her.
3953_lil_black_girl.jpg

This one has a rose comb...Looks much like the other two white and black ones, but different combs. Hmm
3953_rose_whiteblack.jpg

Then other two white/black ones with single comb.
3953_single_comb_black_white_crop.jpg

Unusual Barred rock? Looks like a very white Barred Rock.
3953_whiter_rock.jpg

Here's a closer pic of the 'whiter rock' There's a black girl behind her, she's huge and all black, thinking black sex link?
3953_white_rock.jpg

And this GL Wyandote, was "supposed to be a girl", but hey, nobody's perfect.
3953_supposed_to_be_a_girl.jpg

So whatcha think we have here amongst all these hens?

That barred one with all the white looks like a black sexlink cockerel to me. Its definitely not a pure BR. I think the first one is a Blue Andalusian and you could have a couple more of those. White earlobes are what make me think that on the blue girl in the first pic.

Blue, splash and black andalusians. The black might be a minorca though.
Barred Rock.
Columbian wyandottes.
The big black girl could be a Jersey Giant, Australorp or sex-link like you said.
Not sure what happened with that really light barred one!
Wyandotte roos are quite docile- if you can keep a roo he'd be fine for your flock.

Quote:
Golly, haven't seen you in a long time!
smile.png

The white looking ones, the gray one, and the first black one are all Andalusians.

The barred one is indeed a cross.

The black headed white ones are Columbian Wyandottes, some might be Columbian Rocks too.

Quote:
Golly, haven't seen you in a long time!
smile.png

The white looking ones, the gray one, and the first black one are all Andalusians.

The barred one is indeed a cross.

The black headed white ones are Columbian Wyandottes, some might be Columbian Rocks too.

Haha ya, I guess I took a break for a while. Its good to hear from you. Looks like you took over my spot as leader of What Breed or Gender is This? Haha

Pic #1 - Blue Andalusion
Pic #2 - Splash Andalusion
Pic #3 - Splash Andalusion
Pic #4 - Black Andalusion (MPC doesn't sell Black Minorcas)
Pic #5 - Columbian Wyandotte
Pic #6 - Columbian Wyandotte (MPC doesn't sell Columbian Rocks, and some hatchery Wyanottes have single combs)
Pic #7 & #8 - I would say Black Sexlink rooster, except MPC doesn't sell BSLs?
hu.gif
Maybe a Barred Rock with very unusual coloring?
Pic #9 - Gold Laced Wyandotte rooster

Quote:
x2
This was the only thing I wasn't sure about, I've heard of hatchery Wyandottes having single combs on other varieties, but not sure on the colombian. guess anything's possible! I don't think that white barred bird is a roo, some weird mutant barred hen. Nice mixed flock!

Back
Top Bottom