NEARLY HATCH TIME..........UPDATE page 10 they all hatched

I am terrible about converting to degrees, but temp in degrees should be between 99.5 anf 100.5. My sometimes drops to 98 without hurting anyrhing but a temp over 101 for long periods od time can kill the chicks. My humidity runslow during incubation 25% to 35% I increase to 45 to 50% last three days before hatch. I have marans and they seem to do better with lower humidity.

Quote:
36C = 96.8F and 37C = 98.6F
Average temp for the incubator should be 37.5C = 99.5

Hang in there! With your temps being a little low, it will take longer for them to hatch. See if you can get your temp up to 37.5C.
C'mon, chickies!
jumpy.gif

Don't give up hope all is not lost back in Dec. one of my favorite hens came up missing we found her under a brush pile in the cold freezing rain sitting on 30 eggs we moved her inside and put a heat lamp on her we figured she should hatch on Jan 1 but nothing I gave her to the 5th. and still nothing so I took a couple of the eggs to candle looked like nothing. So when I disposed of them I looked to see if they developed at all and there was a heart beat and almost developed chick so I put the rest back and on the 15 f Jan. She hatched out 8 chicks. They are Tougher then you think

Well i just noticed today when the washier spins the eggs vibrate :O The washier is across the kitchen and in the main bath. Bator is on Kitchen counter. So I think eggs are stronger then we give them credit for. Mine all are growing and are moving in the eggs even with the vibrating kit counter
lol.png

I have no peeps yet but since i have not a exact date of when i put them in it could be 3 more days.(had flu taking cold meds forgot to write dates dwn )
hmm.png
sad.png

Starry

I had my first clutch hatch 2 weeks ago-very exciting. I had a broody hen so I put 12 eggs under and got 6 chicks. 4 on day 21, 1 on day 22 and the last on day 23. She was quite happy for me to take them. I let her sit on the last couple of eggs (a couple got cracked from another hen sitting on top of her) for a few more days but they didn't hatch. I know there were a few undeveloped, probably not even fertilized and a couple that obviously didn't make the distance too. I'm very happy with my 6 but they grow up soooo fast.

nothing still *sigh* but i was naughty and candled them to make sure they are alive and kicking and as far as i can tell they are hopefully they will pip tomorrow or the next day tomorrow is day 22

Back
Top Bottom