Nebraska????

Lincoln, NE here
smile.png

Hi! I'm new to the forum and live in Kennard Nebraska. North of Omaha. One of those towns were everyone says,"Never heard of it." There are about 380 people in our town.
I grew up in Central Nebraska near Burwell. My dad had a Farm/ranch there. Now he has the original farmhouse and 10 acres surrounding it. We always had chickens and I have always been a little chicken obsessed.
I currently have 5 "illegal" Australorps that live behind my garden shed. I am working on getting them "legal" by revising the ordinance which states no Farm animals in city limits. Funny thing is they didn't think to add what kind of animals are prohibited, so it could also mean cats and dogs.
Wish me luck!
Stacy

Stacy! you're really close to me! i'm just off of hw 133, just north of highway 36. i have no idae if my chickens are legal, i'm in washington county, but still considered omaha. i'm also on 10 acres and the land had no covenants..i have horses, cats and dogs, wonder what the rules are?

HELLO FELLOW NEBRASKANS!!

Quote:
wee.gif
Thats where I do my grocery shopping!
frow.gif

Walmart mostly - cause I don't know the town well - and all my animal feeds come from Orshlens.

Now and again I get to stop at Starbucks, but we're normally in too much of a hurry to do any stopping.

OH and I took the kids to Cody park last year - OH MY GAWD have you SEEN the little mini donkey's there? there was a TINY baby one last year, the size of a dog, and pretty friendly!

Greeting Fellow Nebraskans!

I just moved here from Washington, via California. Wow, great to be here. Does anybody know the city laws for Bellevue or Omaha about backyard chickens? I've seen at least one backyard flock in Bellevue, but it kinda' looked like a 'grandfathered in' situation.

I live on an AFB right now, but can't wait to move and get chickens again.

Hellow fellow HUSKERS!!!
big_smile.png
Live in Chester now but from G.I. I always wanted Chickens since visiting my grandparents farm in the sandhills when I was a kid. I now have a coop and run in the back yard with 19 hens and a roo. Started with chicks from the feed store and now get 14-19 eggs a day.
Always nice to see others from NE out on the WWW.
Tom

Hi MichaelC,

I am in Lincoln as well.

As far as Omaha or Bellevue, I am sorry Iceblink, I dont know the laws on them. Just the Lincoln laws and hoping to move to the country but that might just be a dream way things are lookin.

Jill

Great to see a few more people from Nebraska on here! Don't know about city ordinances in the Omaha/ Bellevue area but I would think no chickens at all. I have family there out in the Millard area - I guess I could talk to them and find out for you (if they know).

Unfortunately you all wish for a place in the country and I have it - but not all good. I have waaaayyy too many birds at the moment and feed costs are making it hard as well as the time and problems with predators and keeping those dang pest infested sparrows and vermin from the coops. I raise silkies and keeping the fowl mites off of them is a chore in itself.

There will be a poultry show in Lincoln on November 1st at the State Fair Grounds if anyone is interested to bring some birds or come take a look at all the different breeds on display. We plan on taking a few silkies, wyandottes, and maybe a Buckeye.

Back
Top Bottom