Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Hello. I'm looking for someone from Omaha who would be interested in answering a few questions about their chickens for a report I'm doing. Let me know if you're interested!

Our girls finally started laying last week, and yesterday one of our production reds gave us this beautiful double-yolker!

Next to Hy-vee large eggs (the egg was so big we couldn't close the carton!)

Ready for huevos rancheros..

Hi all,

Seems like I have been on quite a long sabbatical again. Thought I would share...I have finally begun the coop that has been 2 years in the making. I got a bunch of pallets and materials from "The Old Yolks" in April of 2013, thanks again Nan! I had too many things get in the way of the coop expansion. All my girls are slowing down so I am ready to start a rotation of new birds. Thought I would share my progress. My brother and I are the masterminds of the coop design, my dad is the foreman who is taking the vision and making the materials I have work. My husband, son and I are the labor. Dad tells us what to do, we do it; sometimes with more explanation or direction than others.

Day One--Turns out my brother had my post hole digger. Not much to be done, except figure out how to make some of this work.

Day Two--starting to look like something.

Also, some friends of ours are looking to hatch duck eggs for a school project. Anyone have ducks, duck expertise, or know where one might get duck eggs?

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the wonderful weather.

dwegz

Back
Top Bottom